We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions Needed!

Atlanta, GA USA
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions Needed!

We have 4 couples traveling to the BVI 's. We are staying overnight in San Juan on the way there. We will arrive early afternoon and leave early am the next day. I would love recommendations of a nice place to stay not terribly far from the airport, but also near the beach or around something to do once we arrive. I've been to San Juan twice but not terribly familiar with the area. Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

Bedford, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,935 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions Needed!

There is a hotel at the airport, but I can't recommend it.

Take a cab and go to Isla Verde, its close, lots of good restaurants.

Many hotels to choose from.

I would not go high end as it will be dark and you won't see a lot.

Caguas, Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,901 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions Needed!

Stay in the Isla Verde area, which has a nice beach area. Sunset is around 6pm, so you will not have much time to enjoy beach (depending on arrival time).

Isla Verde has nice restaurants too.

I always like OSJ at night, even walking around is fun.

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions Needed!

The Courtyard by Marriott, the Intercontinental, the Ritz Carlton, the El San Juan and the Water Club are all minutes from the airport and are beachfront hotels in Isla Verde.

The Verdanza, the Embassy Suites (adjacent to the airport) and the Howard Johnson are also minutes away, but are not beachfront although they are within walking distance.

Edited: 03 February 2014, 17:04
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,528 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions Needed!

I agree, stay in Isla Verde and if you can dine in Old San Juan it would be super special.

5. Re: Suggestions Needed!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2015, 06:18