We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My plans so far...

Eagle River...
Level Contributor
61 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
My plans so far...

Sat. - arrive at SJ airport in afternoon. Pick up rental car and head to Rio Grande. Check-in and relax. Head to Barbakoa restaurant for dinner.

Sun.- go to La Familia Bakery for breakfast and then start our drive to Guavante and check out this awesome food I've been reading about! Stop at charco azul, Punta Tuna and Humacao Reserve on the way back to Rio Grande.

Mon.- explore the rainforest most of the day! Drive to Fajardo and eat at La Estacion before our reserved electric boat tour of the bio bay at 7:00

Tues.- explore Old San Juan. Buy some coffee to take home!

Wed.- I'm thinking of driving to Cabo Rojo to see the lighthouse and the fabulous cliffs and views I've seen on here!

Thurs.- head to Arecibo to see Cueva Ventana and Cueva del Indio. Eat dinner at ASAO BBQ in Ciales.

Fri.- breakfast in Fajardo at Las Vistas Cafe and then reserved tour of Las Cabezas de San Juan at 1:30.

What do you think?? Suggestions?

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My plans so far...

No beach time?

Eagle River...
Level Contributor
61 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My plans so far...

We will go to a couple beaches to see if we can find anything interesting, but we would go bonkers just sitting on the beach all day. I would like to snorkel but my husband and son are afraid:/

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,798 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My plans so far...

I like your plan, you will be busy and see a lot. Though I might separate Wed and Thursday, to not have lots of driving back to back.

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My plans so far...

If you would like to just see some nice beaches in the locations you are visiting, don't miss La Playuela or Playa Sucia at he Cabo Rojo Lighthouse. It's right below the lighthouse.

On Thursday stop by Mar Chiquita in Arecibo. It's a very interesting beach formation and famous in the area.

Stop by Seven Seas Beach in Fajardo on Friday after breakfast. It's right in Fajardo and the bay is very scenic.

Lenexa, Kansas
Level Contributor
2,365 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My plans so far...

Go to the grocery store to purchase coffee. It is much cheaper than in other stores. We always bring back many bags of coffee.

Eagle River...
Level Contributor
61 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: My plans so far...

Thank you everyone for your advice!

Ajax, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: My plans so far...

If you visit Cabo Rojo don't miss out on the Jet Ski tour of a life time. http://paradisepuertoricowatersports.com/

I did the 4hr tour, drove the Jet Ski to Playa Sucia ranked one of the ten most beautiful beaches in the world. They take your pictures in front of the light house then take you to another place to snorkel. Amazing photos, possible you might see dolphins !!

As for Arecibo, I think a must do is skydiving. I didn't think I was going to enjoy it as much as I did. But it was the most exhilarating and exciting thing I have ever done. Now I would do it over and over again.

http://www.xtremedivers.com/arecibo.shtml

Another tour to consider is Kalichi Adventures. It is the #1 rainforest tour in PR. Absolutely well worth every penny, about half the price of any other tour. This tour is about 100$pp and is about 7-8hr long hike through El Yunque Rainforest. On the way you will encounter some water/rock slides, rappelling, and some cliff jumping all through waterfalls. Really something to look into

cape cod ma
Level Contributor
367 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: My plans so far...

To avoid disappointment, please call the lovely Gladys for a reservation at La Vistas Del Mar a day or 2 ahead. They get so busy, and it's a meal you don't want to miss!

Eagle River...
Level Contributor
61 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: My plans so far...

Thank you I will. I've read so many great reviews!

Ann Arbor, Mich.
Level Contributor
440 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: My plans so far...

You might also want a plan B for La Estacion. It is a favorite of mine, but it can be frustrating to get up-to-date info from them. They sometimes close for private events, or the wait can be very long. As far as I know, they do not take reservations. There are other places nearby and on the way to the biobay.