We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Juan airport to isla grande airport

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Topic
San Juan airport to isla grande airport

Landing at 3:20 at SJU. And looking at a flight out of Isla grande leaving at 4:45 I heard it is a 20 min drive between the airports. Is an hour and a half enough time to catch the second flight or are we pushing it??

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
9,719 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Juan airport to isla grande airport

Yes, it is a 15min drive. Do you have carry on or are you check in bags? What if your flight is only 20min delayed? What if there is a car accident with the associated traffic? Or if you are seating at the back of the plane? I think that connection is a bit too short for comfort.

Edited: 20 February 2014, 11:16
Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,277 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: San Juan airport to isla grande airport

Nice think about Isla Grande is it being a small local airport. No big secuirity lines or USDA inspections. Walk up to the counter, get weighed and off you go. Carry the airline phone number, Call is you are running late.

Edited: 20 February 2014, 16:31
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: San Juan airport to isla grande airport

Yes we will have checked bags...that's what I am worried about. The last time we flew into SJU, it took a bit for our bags to come out on the carousel. Maybe it would be pushing it?

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
9,719 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: San Juan airport to isla grande airport

If you land at 3:20,expect bags around 3:45pm. Then 15-20min drive. You could certainly be at SIG by 4pm, but the what ifs would have me worrying. Maybe the people who do this often could provide a different opinion.

5. Re: San Juan airport to isla grande airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2015, 05:22