We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels and Travel

Omaha, Nebraska
8 posts
Save Topic
Hotels and Travel

Family of 5 from Midwest traveling to PR in late July into early August. Kids ages 11, 9, and 6. Looking at places to stay in San Juan or surrounding areas. Wanted something that resembled Mexico's Al with the fun kid pool activities and access to a nice beach (and some cool colorful drinks with umbrellas in it!). On a budget so I am looking for something affordable but fun! We are going to be there 6 days and 7 nights. Any suggestions? Also with only a limited time to be on the island, what areas are the "Must" sees. Kids love the beach and my wife is into history. Seems like PR is a pretty combo.

Love to get some feedback! Thanks so much!

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
3,012 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels and Travel

There are no AI's in Puerto Rico.

San Juan has the highest price real estate around.

You say budget and affordable.

What does that that mean?

How much per day per person?

Or how much per day for the whole family?

Omaha, Nebraska
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels and Travel

Thanks for the reply..... I have seen there are no Al's in PR. I was just looking for a place with a fun, family environment with pool activities for the kids. Looking to spend between 200-250 a night. I know Embassy Suites has a free cocktail hour.... is their resort a fun, family place? Or is there another place out there that fits our budget. Not confined to San Juan.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,907 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels and Travel

My husband and I stayed at the Embassy Suites last year and it's nice, but it's not a resort. It's just a regular hotel. There are 2 restaurants inside, a local cuisine type of place and a TGIFridays. They have a nice pool. Breakfast is included. 2 hour happy hour each night with free drinks and snacks. The beach is about a 5 min walk down the street. You may want to consider renting a condo.

As for things to do, check out Old San Juan one day, the rainforest (El Yunque) one day and the bio bay.

Omaha, Nebraska
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels and Travel

Thanks for the report on the embassy suites. Does every hotel only allow 4 to a room? Is it strictly enforced? Really adds to the total bill! As you can see, I am not an experienced traveler.

Anyone ever stay at Embassy Suites Dorado del Mar - Beach & Golf Resort? Does this have a nice beach and pool area?

5. Re: Hotels and Travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2015, 06:18