We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay with a 9-month old-Caribe or Condado?

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
33 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay with a 9-month old-Caribe or Condado?

My husband and I will be taking our first big vacation with our 9 month old son the first week of April. We are planning on doing a few days in San Juan and a few in Fajardo. We are using Hilton Honors points on a rewards stay, so our choices are limited. Right now, we are looking at the Caribe or Condado Plaza in San Juan. (It will be the Waldorf in Fajardo). I have seen mixed reviews on both of the hotels in San Juan, and am looking for some insight. Honestly, it seems like I could put the names in a hat and pick one, that is how bad the reviews are. :(

1. Which of those hotels (Caribe or Condado) would be best for a baby? (Or is there another Hilton property that you would recommend?).

2. We will be there for 5 nights, and are wondering if we should do 2 nights in San Juan and 3 in Fajardo or vice versa.

Any help/insight is appreciated! I am sure I will have some more questions. We always travel over spring break, but this is our first big trip with our son.

Mentioned in this post
San Juan
San Juan
Puerto Rico
Fajardo
Fajardo
Puerto Rico
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,306 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay with a 9-month old-Caribe or Condado?

Caribe Hilton is isolated and far from the restaurants and stores in Condado, so if you plan on walking around (pushing a stroller) I think the Condado Plaza is more convenient.

Edited: 10 March 2014, 18:24
Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
33 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay with a 9-month old-Caribe or Condado?

That is helpful. Thank you.

3. Re: Where to stay with a 9-month old-Caribe or Condado?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2015, 04:24