We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight advice please!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Flight advice please!

Hi everyone! I would really love some advice on booking my flight from SJU to Vieques!

If we arrive into San Juan (flying Delta) at 12.47pm and fly Cape Air to Vieques at 2.12pm. Will that be enough time to collect bags etc? Cape Air checkin closes 45 mins before departure, so that gives us 40 mins to collect our baggage and checkin again. I am not sure if that will be enough time, as I'm not sure what San Juan int. airport is like. Our Delta flight is coming from JFK. Do your think we would be better off booking Cape Air's 2.42pm flight?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

boston
Level Contributor
554 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight advice please!

To be on the safe side, I would take the later flight. If you miss your 2:12 and the next one is full who knows how long you will have to wait. For a thirty minute cushion you may as well hedge your bets. Have fun!

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
9,268 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight advice please!

Take the 2:42 flight. What if your delta flight is delayed? Also, consider flying with a carry on. Did you check if Cape Air has a max weight allowance?

NYC
Destination Expert
for Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight advice please!

I also would go for the later flight since it is only another 30 minutes. BUT, are you sure there are flights that close together? I know sometimes they do it but I would double check anyway.

you can also check Vieques Air Link or consider taking a taxi to Isla Grande airport for more departure options.

4. Re: Flight advice please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2015, 05:28