We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Interesting stops from Fajardo to Rincon

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
52 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Interesting stops from Fajardo to Rincon

We are driving from Fajardo to Rincon probably via PR 22 through Arecibo. Are there any good hikes/sights to see near or around the Rain Forest that we could do on our own? I understand the caves in Arecibo are good sights too-if you had to choose one which one would be best. We are all fairly atheletic. Thanks

Puerto Rico
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,838 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Interesting stops from Fajardo to Rincon

I would stop at Cueva Ventana to break up the day. Go to Arecibo, then take Road # 10 to the Cave

Edited: 20 March 2014, 20:49
Armonk, New York
Level Contributor
1,289 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Interesting stops from Fajardo to Rincon

There are a great variety of trails to take in El Yunque with waterfalls, streams, and fabulous views. They range from easy to challenging. Stop at the visitor center and they will direct to something that fits your interest, level and time.

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
52 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Interesting stops from Fajardo to Rincon

Bunny thanks -I think this is what we will do for sure. We are tentative about El Yungue though it seems like a great idea but I have heard to get there early but leaving Fajardo early also means commuter congestion. Thanks so much!

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,794 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Interesting stops from Fajardo to Rincon

I love both Cueva del Indo and Cueva Ventana. Both beautiful. But last I heard, you have to go to Ventana with a tour and it can take a while for enough people to make up a tour. Last person I spoke to sad she was there 3 hours!

So Indio is on your own- can take as short or long as you want.

For El Yunque, I just usually avoid La Mina/Big Tree trails if I can't get there early. We like Juan Diego for falls and then Mt Britton for the views.

5. Re: Interesting stops from Fajardo to Rincon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2015, 05:20