We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Utuado?

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
262 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Utuado?

I notice no one posts to the Utuado forum. What would a 4 day Utuado vacation look like? I'm looking for a relaxing, low key vacation. Searching around on the internet and AirBnB led me to the mountains and Utuado.

Mentioned in this post
Utuado
Utuado
Puerto Rico
usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Utuado?

It's pretty isolated, but there are some beautiful mountain vistas. The famous Toro Verde Zipline is there, one of the best in the world.

Mentioned in this post
Toro Verde
Toro Verde
2,168 Reviews
Puerto Rico
Lebanon, TN
Level Contributor
67 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Utuado?

I'm going there in about a week and a half for the exact reason the other poster mentioned--isolation and mountains (although I do plan to get out and explore and may trek down to Cabo Rojo). I'll let you know how it works out.

I found Utuado through Airbnb.

Mentioned in this post
Cabo Rojo
Cabo Rojo
Puerto Rico
Utuado
Utuado
Puerto Rico
3. Re: Utuado?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 March 2014, 02:05
El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,867 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Utuado?

4 days in Utuado......I love that area but it is a bit tough to get around. Depending on where you stay, the roads are real long, twisty, white knuckle roads that I would not do after dark. RT 10 is not a complete highway down to the south, for about 1 hr you are on a small rd 123. It is usable, but not fast or fun. Have a big lunch out or get food to BBQ for dinner.

Right in the area is the Caguana Ceremonial Center, bird watching in the forest, Tanama River trips, Batey ziplines (not Toro Verde), Dos Bocas, and Cafe Gran Batey . Close by is Cueva Ventana, and some waterfalls, Cueva del Indio and more. You can do a lot of day trips from there.

Mentioned in this post
Utuado
Utuado
Puerto Rico
Toro Verde
Toro Verde
2,168 Reviews
Puerto Rico
Cafe Gran Batey
Cafe Gran Batey
86 Reviews
Puerto Rico
Aventura Cueva Ventana
Aventura Cueva Ventana
774 Reviews
Puerto Rico
Caguas, Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
2,114 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Utuado?

From Utuado to Cabo Rojo expect a 2 hour adrive. Distances may seem short but rt 10 is most a two lane twisty road. Doable, but it is best to have clear expectations.

You can also visit Ponce or Hacienda Buena Vista.

Mentioned in this post
Utuado
Utuado
Puerto Rico
Cabo Rojo
Cabo Rojo
Puerto Rico
Ponce
Ponce
Puerto Rico
Hacienda Buena Vista
Hacienda Buena Vista
190 Reviews
Puerto Rico
Lebanon, TN
Level Contributor
67 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Utuado?

Yes, I'm aware of the time. I love to drive, which is one of the other reasons I selected Utuado. It was somewhat central (albeit 2-3 hours in each direction) of the things I want to do and see. Or, I may just change my mind and do nothing but play in the Tanama River.

Mentioned in this post
Utuado
Utuado
Puerto Rico
7. Re: Utuado?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2015, 06:23