We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Puerto Rico ?

Jacksonville, North...
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in Puerto Rico ?

My wife and I as well as our son, 22 and daughter, 20, are looking at vacationing in PR for the week of March 7, 2015. We are pretty open to any type accommodations but want to be near the beach. We all like doing excursions and from past experiences trying whatever the area is known for. I think we would likely get a rental car as well to explore. I think we would enjoy a place with a small kitchen and laundry. In past vacations we have went cheap and easy on breakfast and lunch then splurged on dinners. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Tom

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
8,068 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Puerto Rico ?

The first thing you must decide on is location. If you like the city, then San Juan is where you want to be. But if you want to be away, but still not too far from San Juan, and/or closer to the rainforest and the bio bay and Vieques or Culebra, then the east side (Fajardo, Rio Grande, Luquillo) would work for you. But if you want to be completely away from San Juan and close to the nicest beaches on the main island, then Rincon or Cabo Rojo will fit the bill.

Renting a home or condo saves you money in food. Check out vrbo.com for available choices in all these areas.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
186 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Puerto Rico ?

Try Suenos Del Mar in Fajardo.It is an apartment with two rooms and kitchen.You can drive four minutes to Seven Seas Beach. Also walk to restaurants.walk to water taxis to get ride to outer islands like Icacos.Kayak rentals delivered to your door.Then you can walk your kayak to the bio bay that you can see from your balcony.Only about 500 ft away.Also short trip to rain forest.The list goes on.

Jacksonville, North...
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Puerto Rico ?

I believe that I am on the same page with you here. It looks beautiful on the east side. We probably would enjoy and area where there are good restaurants. If we get a car like planned they would not need to be walking distance. Any further suggestions?

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,231 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Puerto Rico ?

My husband and I stayed at the Embassy Suites in the isla verde area when we went to Puerto Rico. Breakfast is included and it's really nice. Lots of choices and made to order omlets. There's also a 2 hour manager special each night with free drinks and snacks. There are restaurants and bars in walking distance. The beach is a 5 min walk. They have a nice pool at the hotel. You can take the public bus to Old San Juan for a day trip.

5. Re: Where to stay in Puerto Rico ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2015, 05:17