We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations

Florida
Level Contributor
53 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Recommendations

I'm visiting PR soon, and I wanted some advice on El Churry (tripleta truck) in Isla Verde. Last time I was in PR, I took two separate trips to try and eat there, and they were closed both times. Both times we ended up eating at Levi's just up the road, which I enjoyed. It was basically like a diner-type place with a huge selection. Is El Churry a lunch thing, a late night thing, or what? I struck out two times in the early evening --- once on a weekday, and once on a weekend.

Any restaurants or eating spots/trucks around the island that you would recommend? We'll be traveling all around, and it's nice to have targets to try and eat at. $20 per person is the max I like paying for an entree, and inexpensive spots where you could feed the family for $30 to $40 are even better. It could be anything --- latin, fusion, criollo, seafood, fritters, international, whatever. Also, any recommendations for great ceviche at a reasonable price? I've had at Ceviche Hut in the Luquillo kiosks, which I enjoyed, but wanted other recommendations.

Tips for exploring the north coast? By North I mean west of Dorado. I plan on visiting Cueva del Indio, and Pozo de Jacinto. I've been to Crash Boat Beach (meh), and Arecibo Lighthouse Park, and was looking for other spots. Last time I winged it exploring around the Hatillo area, and just wasted a bunch of time, which is frustrating when you are with the family.

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
9,255 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendations

El Churry does not sell tripletas. They have chicken or steak sandwiches and burgers. They are open on weekends, at least from around 5pm, not sure about weekdays.

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendations

Visit Camuy Caves, the Arecibo radiotelescope and Isabela which has better beaches, some with sand dunes. Tropical Trail rides provides horseback rides on the beach.

Florida
Level Contributor
53 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendations

Yes, I've been to the Camuy Caves multiple times and LOVE it. I've been to the Arecibo Lighthouse once and that was probably enough. Thanks for the input.

4. Re: Recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2015, 05:17