We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

December Getaway

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
December Getaway

Hello,

My husband and I will be travelling to PR in December and I am looking for our day trips and meal choices. We do want to spend most of the time relaxing at the hotel but would like two good day or half day trips.

I was thinking of doing the El Yunque Rainforest Zipline and hike. Is there a tour company that would be best? Is there anything else we should see around the rainforest?

The second trip I was planning was the 1/2 day snorkel trip to Culebra. Does anyone have thoughts about this?

Secondly, we are staying at the Ritz and have read in the past about some good local eats close by...does anyone have any suggestions?

Finally, I would love to hear any other suggestions for our trip!

Thanks!

Acampa Nature Adventure Tours
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Adrenaline & Extreme Tours, Canyoning & Rappelling Tours, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
Ecoquest Adventures & Tours
Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks, Climbing Tours
Toro Verde
Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks, Adrenaline & Extreme Tours
Batey Zipline Adventure
Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks, Horseback Riding Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours
King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
8,718 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: December Getaway

Assuming you are referring to the Ritz in Isla Verde, I strongly recommend Metropol. Excellent authentic PRican/Cuban food, fantastic mojitos, great service. Lupis is also good for lunch or a casual dinner.

As far as day trips, are you renting a car? If so, consider a trip to Guavate for some roasted pork. A trip to Ponce is also an option. You can visit Ponce before or after visiting Guavate. A visit to the Old San Juan is a must. So is the rainforest and the bio bay. It's best to rent a car top do all this as tours are expensive, and don't take you to some of these locations.

Regarding your trip to Culebra, it's best to fly there as the ferry is not reliable/not doing well these days.

Armonk, New York
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: December Getaway

If you are going to El Yunque and want a full day, visit the rainforest in the morning, have lunch at the Kioscos, which is a row of about 30 small eateries just a couple miles east on Rt 3. Relax at Luquillo Beach, a Blue Flag beach 1000 yards to the east of the Kiscos. In the evening, with luck, you can visit the bio bay in Fajardo in the evening.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: December Getaway

Thanks for the suggestions! Yes we are staying the Ritz San Juan!

Lenexa, Kansas
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: December Getaway

Guavate is not to be missed.

5. Re: December Getaway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2015, 06:18