We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

20 Year Old First Time to PR

Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Save Topic
20 Year Old First Time to PR

Hi! I am going to be staying in Old San Juan from Nov 4-7th! I am a 20 yr old guy going alone for cultural tourism, to go to some fantastic beaches and be a little adventurous! I am thinking about booking a guided tour of El Yunque and Luquillo Beach but other than that can anyone give me any tips on things I NEED to do and some great places where I can grab a bite of some REAL Puerto Rican food! I want to get as much in as I can for my 3 days there. **I won't have a car whilst there because I am too young to rent, so anything within taxi, bus range will be helpful :)**

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
40 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 20 Year Old First Time to PR

You could spend 2 days just walking Viejo San Juan. There are tons of great restaurants, museums, etc... Guided tours can be found if you prefer some structure. Without a car, you will probably need to look for excursions that include transportation. A few ideas would be a zipline/hiking company, el yunque tour, snorkeling company, rock climbing, etc...

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
8,254 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 20 Year Old First Time to PR

For real Puerto Rican food, go to Cafe Manolin in the OSJ. It's where the locals go.

http://www.cafemanolinoldsanjuan.com/

The Isla Verde beach is about a 15 minutes taxi ride from OSJ. (You take the bus too but it takes much longer.) While there, go to Metropol for delicious authentic food. Mi Casita is also good.

Also, the legal drinking age in PR is 18. So -not underestimating how strong they are made in PR- don't miss out on:

-Metropol's excellent mojitos

-Barrachina's delicious piña coladas

-Douglas' Pub (OSJ) beautiful layered shot (can't remember the name, sorry).

Have fun!

Edited: 22 August 2014, 18:04
3. Re: 20 Year Old First Time to PR

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2015, 05:16