We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old SJ, IV or Condado clubs - on weekdays?

chicago
Level Contributor
466 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Old SJ, IV or Condado clubs - on weekdays?

We're going to be in Isla Verde in December, from Sunday through Thursday; and then it's Luquillo for 5 days.

Are there any clubs (or bars with DJ/live music) to go to, on weekdays please?

I notice everyone saying "weekends"...

Mid-December - will it be busier (holidays, etc), or slower? First time to PR.

Any place at all? Would Wyndham ESJ at night still be fun?

Any feedback is appreciated; many thanks!

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
2,653 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Old SJ, IV or Condado clubs - on weekdays?

Hi chichick, You might want to consider reversing your trip and spending time at Luquillo Sunday to Thursday. If you can't, all is not lost. On Sundays, they have live salsa at the Courtyayd by Marriot and the Oyster bar, both in Isla Verde. Monday, as I understand it is almost totally dark clubwise. By Tuesday some of the clubs in Old San Juan are back in action, the Nuyorican cafe in Old San Juan usually has at least one band on Tuesday. Also, Luquillo is not all that far from San Juan, so if you could arrange relaible transportation ( I don't suggest that you or your friends do the driving) You could make in into SJ for Saturday night

chicago
Level Contributor
466 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Old SJ, IV or Condado clubs - on weekdays?

thanks much; this helps!

we can not really change itinerary, but we WILL have a car the entire stay....

we'll check out the Oyster bar.

is driving from Luquillo to Islave Verde/OSJ for bar/club night worth it? anyone please?

if we only want to come out to OSJ from Luquillo on Saturday (or only Friday), what are the places to be on these days?

i like salsa, bachata/reggaeton or techno, hip-hop i can do without.

sorry I didn't see another thread going on the same subject.

also, we changed our Isla Verde part of stay to Water Club; so I hope that we can at least have fun there, Sun-Thu.

3. Re: Old SJ, IV or Condado clubs - on weekdays?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 02:19