We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Some suggestions please???

Which San Juan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vadnais Heights...
Level Contributor
136 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Some suggestions please???

HI- my dh and I are coming to PR in Feb for a cruise. We will have a full day before the cruise and a full day after the cruise for sight seeing. We are staying both nights at the Gallery Inn in OSJ. I thought the 1st day we'd check out the fort and the town. But I don't have a clue what to do the 2nd day...when we get back from the cruise ....any suggestions...probably not any boat trips!!!

Guaynabo, Puerto...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,748 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Some suggestions please???

Check out El YUnque

Get a car and drive early to the rainforest (45mins) hike the trails - head to Luquillo beach for the afternoon - good food at the roadside kiosks

See my blog on El Yunque visit-the-coqui.com/places-to-see/…

Hope this helps

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
2,395 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Some suggestions please???

Who knows... you might want two days for Old San Juan. There really is alot to see!

If you dont want to rent a car you can go to the Bacardi Factory for free. All you have to pay is about $1.00 to take the ferry across the bay to Catano and then a taxi will take you to the distillery.

The ferry trip from Catano to Old San Juan is one of those iconic Puerto Rican experiences that yesterday's young always talk about how fun and beautiful it used to be to do that. With personal cars and better roads, younger people dont do that, we tend to just drive... but I've always wanted to do it because of all the stories I've heard.

3. Re: Some suggestions please???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 15:21