We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year's Eve

St. Louis, Mo.
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
New Year's Eve

I'm traveling to San Juan and arrive on New Year's Eve and would like to find something fun to do. Any suggestions?

Minneapolis, MN
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: New Year's Eve

I am not really sure to be honest.

What I'm wondering about is why this info is so hard to find?? I've been searching online for days and cannot find anything.

Is there another party at Caribe Hilton like last year? Where are places the locals go out for New Years?

It's about 2 weeks away and I want to be sure I'm not missing the boat on anything!

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
403 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: New Year's Eve

There will surely be something going on in every hotel. Surely there will be a party in The Caribe Hilton as well as the El San Juan, the Condado Plaza, the Marriots, and every other hotel big or small. It is likely that the bigger the hotel, the bigger the party, certainly in the San Juan/Condado/Isla Verde areas. I think hotels do not worry too much about advertising details too soon because they usually sell this event very well. Having said that, I'm sure that if you call the hotels you will get all the details you need. And some do have the info on their web sites.

Enjoy Paradise and Happy New Year!

Minneapolis, MN
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: New Year's Eve

I found some info at the Caribe Hilton that I thought I would share:

2 Different Champagne Dinners. Reservations are required.

The first is a buffet with live music and a glass of champagne. It's $130 per person + tax. Under 12 is 50% off and for kids under 5 it's free. Goes from 7pm to 1 am

The second is a buffet with a DJ, dancing, 1/2 bottle of champagne for each adult. $185 per person, Under 12 is 50% off, under 5 is free. Goes from 8pm to 2:30am

There is 1 party:

In a couple of different rooms. DJ, drinks and Aspao is included. Goes from 10:30pm until 5:30am. 23 and older though. It's $91 if you purchase tickets before the 25th, $102 if you purchase before the 30th, and $124 if you purchase the day of the event.

I am staying at the Caribe Hilton and I might go to the party above. Has anyone here done it in the past? What is the dress code for something like this?

upper marlboro, md
Level Contributor
493 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Year's Eve

I was at the Caribe Hilton last year. For $100 you get an open bar, tapas and breakfast. It was from 10:30 pm to 5:30-6 am. Actually it was held in 5 different ballrooms, each with its own theme, decor and music and D.J's. You can visit each ballroom Hip Hop, Salsa (Tropical), House/electronic, 70's-80's room and lounge music and decide to stay in one or travel to another. Plus there is also the outside garden area and smoking gazebo area. It was very well planned, lots of security and mucho, mucho bars within the ballrooms, garden and lounge, so you don't go dry. An Amazing event. At the entrance when you present your ticket, you get a bracelet which allows you to leave the party and come back anytime.

Since I was staying at the Hilton, it was easy to take a break and then go back to the party.

Another suggestion is CLUB BRAVA at the El San Juan Hotel. If you buy tickets to Club Brava for $60 (includes open bar for the whole evening/morning), this ticket will also allow you to enter the lobby of the El San Juan. The lobby itself is charging $60 just to get into their lobby and you still have to pay for your drinks. So buying the tickets at Club Brava gives you two parties for the price of one.

Then there is the party at the Condado Plaza Hotel in Condado. This is also $60 from 10:30-till whenever, which includes open bar and continuous DJs.

Happy New Year!

upper marlboro, md
Level Contributor
493 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Year's Eve

I forgot to mention that it is quite dressy on New Year's Eve at any of the destinations mentioned above. Nice shirt and pants for men, and anything nice, pants or dress and heels for womens.

Minneapolis, MN
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: New Year's Eve

Could you give a better example of what you mean by dressy? I want to look appropriate but not be over-dressed.

Thanks!

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,440 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Year's Eve

A nice cocktail type black dress, with high heels and nice accessories for the ladies.

A dark jacket and slacks or a men's suit for the gents.

Caguas
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: New Year's Eve

Many things to do, You dance Salsa and Merengue?

upper marlboro, md
Level Contributor
493 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New Year's Eve

In Puerto Rico I don't think you can be over-dressed, especially on New year's Eve. Puerto Rican women like to dress to impress. You can wear anything from a short cocktail dress to a long evening dress.

mystic,quebec
Level Contributor
135 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New Year's Eve

I have been trying to figure out what to do in San Juan for NYE with my husband and 2 teenage girls, both 16.

I do not want to do a "party" at a hotel. I would prefer to go for a dinner somewhere then watch some fireworks somewhere or some sort of street party.

Don't want to spend $100+ (times 4) for a party.

I called Jimmy's BBQ hoping to make reservations for dinner but they won't take reservations. They are planning a party, however they don't know yet how much? What is included? etc. Told me to call back on Tuesday or Wednesday.

It amazes me cuz here this would have been planned out weeks ago.

I was hoping to find something fun but without breaking the bank. It is not just the money but I don't want to take the girls to a major drinking party.

Unless someone has some great idea I guess we will have to play it by ear. We are staying at the Intercontinental.

Ideas anyone???