We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caribe Hilton v. La Concha Resort

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Topic
Caribe Hilton v. La Concha Resort

Hello I posted before but now the option of staying at the La Concha Resort has come up.

There will be 7 females ranging from 28-31. We are planning a trip down during memorial day and need help. We are going to relax, party and shop. We intially chose the Caribe because they have the 2 bedroom Villas.

With that being said can I get your input on the two hotel choices? pros and cons .

Thank you

San Juan Snorkel and Picnic Cruise
707 reviews
from US$83.00*
Special Offer
Old San Juan Sunset Sail
32 reviews
from US$66.50*
US$95.00
Old San Juan Walking Tour
202 reviews
from US$40.00*
Old San Juan Food Tour
269 reviews
from US$92.19*
Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,802 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Caribe Hilton v. La Concha Resort

I would choose La Concha for the location.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
2,653 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Caribe Hilton v. La Concha Resort

Hi Shanaenc, To be succinct, You will be able to relax at the Caribe Hilton, no problem. Partying and shopping will require you to travel, maybe more than you would like.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Caribe Hilton v. La Concha Resort

Thank you for your replies, when I saw partying not an every night thing how far woudl a cab ride be from the Caribe to where the clubs are located?

Also does anybody know if the La Concha has a spa.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
491 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Caribe Hilton v. La Concha Resort

I think you'd prefer the LaConcha due to your age group and desire to relax, party and shop.

As the sun sets on the nice beach in front (with beach pool, the Lobby Bar and the (other) pool area insider are transformed into a chic party spot. And you've got great shopping right down the street.

The gyn is really nice. The SPA was being constructed and wasn't open when I was there in June 2008. But, they had a tent area right on the beach offering many spa services.

A phone call to the hotel should be able to confirm if the spa has opened.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
491 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Caribe Hilton v. La Concha Resort

LaConcha has been prominently mentioned in today's MSNBC story about the hottest new Caribbean Hotels:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28699222/

And gets the lead photo and write-up in the accompanying slide show:

travelandleisure.com/slideshows/…

6. Re: Caribe Hilton v. La Concha Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 00:17