We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rainy week in San Juan 2/10 thru 2/14?

Which San Juan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nyack, New York
Level Contributor
133 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Rainy week in San Juan 2/10 thru 2/14?

The weather reports for San Juan seem a little dismal over the next 5 days...anyone in San Juan able to tell me about what storms are in the area?

Rio Grande, PR
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,872 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rainy week in San Juan 2/10 thru 2/14?

I'm up in the mountains in Rio Grande, and right now it's a little overcast. I can see as far as the SJU airport from living room, and it looks sunny over there.

There are no major weather systems in the area.

My take on the weather report is that the greater chance of rain will be earlier in the week. Later in the week (Wed and on) should be nice.

This time of year we typically don't get "ruin your vacation" type of rain. It's the tropics. It rains here.

Take a look at our weather page from some more insight ... http://www.puertoricodaytrips.com/weather/

Nyack, New York
Level Contributor
133 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rainy week in San Juan 2/10 thru 2/14?

Thank you Rayln, I appreciate your calm. I am not usually put off by island-type weather but the weather channel site shows alerts for San juan. (not only surf warnings). But thanks very much- I am coming with two cranky teenage girls that "need" to tan.

boston
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Rainy week in San Juan 2/10 thru 2/14?

I'll be there the same time, just looked at weatherchannel.com and they have showers everyday : ( but it seems like they always have it raining...I would like a tan too : ) anyone know anything about the weather there? 1st time to PR...

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,760 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rainy week in San Juan 2/10 thru 2/14?

February is dry season. It still may rain, but not much. We are in the tropics. It may/will rain a bit everyday. Maybe for a few seconds or minutes, maybe more.

I always check this map:

weather.com/outlook/…

I see a few clouds in the Carribean. Clouds mean moisture when they get stopped by the PR mountains. But there is no large storms on the map. Looks to me like we have a day or two more of clouds on and off, then it looks clear.

Remember: The rain showers are what keep the rain forest green. But I bet you get your tan while yo are here.

whinta
Level Contributor
174 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rainy week in San Juan 2/10 thru 2/14?

I'm scheduled to arrive tomorrow, and I guess I'll just have to hope for the best. The various weather sites are somewhat in disagreement. Monday looks pretty iffy, but the National Weather Service seems to think that the odds of sunshine are good after 10AM on Tuesday. The uncertainty is annoying, but the trip is planned. The good news is that there are "Plan Bs" in PR, and that is better than some other islands. The bad news is that any way you slice it, they are still "Plan Bs."

new york
Level Contributor
117 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rainy week in San Juan 2/10 thru 2/14?

mpkc- I can totally relate- I am bringing 2 16 yo's from upstate NY who NEED to tan too, but we are traveling in April. We hit the tanning booth ahead of time so we don't burn and feel the need to be laying on the beach everyday- it definately helps. GIrls did it last year and came back with a healthy tan (if there is such a thing!)

Bloomfield CT. USA
Level Contributor
251 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rainy week in San Juan 2/10 thru 2/14?

Rest assured everyone. We've seen the "scattered showers" weather report for 15 years. Don't believe a word of it. If you're there for a week and don't tan I'll give you your money back. Enjoy your stay!!

8. Re: Rainy week in San Juan 2/10 thru 2/14?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2009, 09:16