We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Footwear to tour OSJ

Va
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Footwear to tour OSJ

I've heard that it is important to wear "good shoes" when touring Old San Juan but does that automatically mean tennis shoes? I don't want to walk around in that heat in July in closed-in shoes. Any suggestions on quality sandals that are good for walking? Keep in mind, I'm a young woman (late twenties) so I'm looking for something cute, if possible.

Thanks

Bespoke Lifestyle Management
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Boat Tours, Day Trips
Jerrys Adventures
Eco Tours, Kayaking & Canoeing, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours
De Tour Con Ali
Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
8,727 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Footwear to tour OSJ

As long as you're ok and comfortable with walking on cobblestones and up and down the hills; and in the heat, you can wear anything you like. Some recommend sneakers or comfortable shoes but personally, I've walked the OSJ in sandals many times without any problems.

I do not recommend wearing flip flips if you plan to do a lot of walking. Any other comfortable sandal that moves with your feet and/or does not require an effort to be held in place will do.

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,379 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Footwear to tour OSJ

Most good walking shoes are ventalated. Something to keep in mind is the Sun. I can't remember how many times I have gotten the top of my feet burnt.

Coopersburg...
Destination Expert
for Allentown
Level Contributor
633 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Footwear to tour OSJ

I prefer Clarks - they make great comfortable,yet cute sandals. My daughter (your age) has some Clarks but loves her Chaco's. She has a pair of the Chaco's that look like flip flops but are leather. They kind of conform to your feet so they stay on well. Best shoe/sandal site on the web is http://www.zappos.com/

4. Re: Footwear to tour OSJ

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 04:18
Get answers to your questions about San Juan
Recent Conversations