We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sportsbars

richmond,va
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
sportsbars

I will be in old san juan on this sunday and would like to watch the usa national soccer team play in the finals. I would like an atmosphere of local favor of soccer fans, not a typical sportbar with a thousand tv's. something like.... one big screen that everyone is watching and cheering...thanks pete

NY State
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: sportsbars

I am also arriving in San Juan on Sunday and I am staying in Isla Verde..Anyone know a place around there (bar, lounge) where I can watch the game?

For those that dont know US is playing Brazil in the final

San Juan
Level Contributor
185 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: sportsbars

Actually USA is playing the winner of Brazil vs. South Africa ;).

However, only a few places come to mind and none of them are that close to OSJ. There's a place called Buffalo Wings close to a town called Guaynabo on the Roosevelt Ave. where they have big screens and lots of people usually go to watch big matches like Barcelona vs. Real Madrid.

There's another place also on the Roosevelt Ave. but closer to Hato Rey called Coaches which is another sports bar. I can't really guarantee there will be soccer fans there and I doubt you will find a lot of people cheering the US soccer team here.

You'll need a car to get to either place.

Either way I believe the match will be on ESPN or ESPN 2 and most bars have those channels so you can just walk to whatever bar you can find and ask them to put on ESPN.

arizona
Level Contributor
106 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: sportsbars

The games will be on. However, I hope I don't disappoint you guys but Puerto Rico unlike central and south american countries is not much into soccer. Only a smattering of interest here and there. This is also true in the dominican Republic and Cuba.

4. Re: sportsbars

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 December 2009, 05:17