We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Condado Condo - Ashford Imperial or Stella Maris?

Which San Juan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
charlotte, nc
12 posts
Save Topic
Condado Condo - Ashford Imperial or Stella Maris?

I'm going to Puerto Rico in December and am trying to decide between two possible condos:

1. Second-floor Stella Maris Studio (low floor, but right on the beach with unobstructed ocean view)

2. Ashford Imperial condo on a high floor - obstructed ocean view

Does anyone have any recommendations about either of these buildings? Thanks!!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
240 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Condado Condo - Ashford Imperial or Stella Maris?

I stay at Ashford Imperial every year and think it is great in most every way! Stella Maris might be a bit more upscale and

right at the beach. You can't go wrong with either choice.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
491 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Condado Condo - Ashford Imperial or Stella Maris?

I've stayed at the Ashford Imperial over the last few years. It has undergone a recent renovation in the lobby, pool and other common areas. Very nice.

The one thing that made the difference for me a few years back when chosing between the two places was the Ashford Imperial had a parking spot and the unit at the Stella Maris didn't.

Midwest US
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Condado Condo - Ashford Imperial or Stella Maris?

Just returned from staying in Fred's 1 BR unit at Stella Maris. It was fine. Not a resort for sure, but we didn't do much more than sleep and eat breakfast there so it worked for us. The living room has a futon couch and TV and there is a router available for a computer. The kitchen is big enough to use but we didn't have more than cereal and sandwiches. The bedroom has a king size that is comfortable enough and the AC unit is in there. It gets plenty cold when the unit is switched to "dry". The balcony has a great view of the beach and water and the water was a spectacular color.

The beach is nice although this was my first experience at a north facing beach. I like to face the water so having the sun tracking around behind me was a little weird. Many people would turn to face the sun but that wasn't going to work for me. Stella is an older building and could use some paint and just to west is a building that looks like it is about to be demolished although I hear it is a new building that has not been finished. The view to the water is much nicer.

The Marriott is across Condado Ave. from the Stella and El Canario by the Sea is behind it. Next to El Canario is a weird little building that may have questionable tenants. We were never bothered but it seemed a little seedy. There is a cab stand right there also, so there is usually someone around. Like I said, no issues for us at any time. We were always in by 1 AM (which is pretty early I think) and we always arrived on foot.

Great view of the ocean, easy beach access and a nice location for getting around are positives. Probably, questionable neighbors are negatives but I have a feeling you get that all over. I guess that is about it. I'd stay there again if I had the option.

Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Condado Condo - Ashford Imperial or Stella Maris?

I'd love to get more information on Ashford Imperial, I'll be in PR Feb 17-27, 2010, my sister and daughter need to book something Feb.24-26, sounds like a great place!

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
22 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Condado Condo - Ashford Imperial or Stella Maris?

I absolutely loved the Ashford Imperial! The lobby attendants were so polite and helpful. The permanent tenants were delightful. Best of all, the beach was only 1/2 a block away! If you want the info for the condo where I vacationed, send me a message!

6. Re: Condado Condo - Ashford Imperial or Stella Maris?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2010, 08:17