We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Post Cruise Hotel DAY PASS? Flight not until 4:30PM

Minneapolis, M
Level Contributor
316 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Post Cruise Hotel DAY PASS? Flight not until 4:30PM

Does anyone know of a hotel day pass available in the Isla Verde area? We are family of 4 who does not want to sit at the airport all day. Any other ideas?

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
8,414 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Post Cruise Hotel DAY PASS? Flight not until 4:30PM

I think that Marriott Stellaris offers day passes. I would check just to be sure. The phone number is 1 787 722 7000.

Royal Palm Beach...
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
1,759 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Post Cruise Hotel DAY PASS? Flight not until 4:30PM

I believe the Intercontenental also has a day pass, give them a call. I believe they run about $30 per person. Another idea which we found by accident last February post cruise are mini-buses holding 25 persons each and all their luggage. There were 3 or 4 of these along with the countless cabs and buses for regular tours etc as we disembarked our Princess Cruise., For $30 each we got a tour of San Juan and then about 12:30 got dropped off for lunch in Old San Juan. Back on the bus at 1:30 and dropped off by 2:oo pm at SJU with our luggage.

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,440 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Post Cruise Hotel DAY PASS? Flight not until 4:30PM

You have to take into account that some cruise ships take longer to disembark than others. On my last one we arrive at San Juan at 6am (all cruises arrive into SJ at 6am) but it was not until mid-day that we were able to finally get out. Also remember that some of the passengers from your cruise ship and other cruises that arrive on that same day will be flying out form the same airport.

Royal Palm Beach...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,759 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Post Cruise Hotel DAY PASS? Flight not until 4:30PM

I am going to disagree with China Spray a little. The last 7 years we have disembarked in San Juan on a Saturday or Sunday morning. The process starts about 8:00 am and most everybody is off by 10:30 or 11:00 am. The new passangers start boarding at noon or 1:00 pm.

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
8,414 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Post Cruise Hotel DAY PASS? Flight not until 4:30PM

I agree with thorntree. I worked for the cruise line industry, onboard the ships. The disembarking process should be finished before noon so that the ship is ready to receive the new passengers. I've worked on fully sold ships many times and never have the embarkation time been compromised due to an extended disembarkation.

stoughton,ma
Level Contributor
255 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Post Cruise Hotel DAY PASS? Flight not until 4:30PM

definitely try the marriott. we used them 2 years ago. the day pass allows use of the pool, chaises, gym and grounds. the gym has a great shower room to get ready for the flight home. just call or e-mail them for particulars. the pass is given out by the gym.

steve

Southfield, Michigan
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Post Cruise Hotel DAY PASS? Flight not until 4:30PM

Do you remember the name of the person (or company) you toured with? Who kept your luggage while you were at lunch? Do you know if arrangements can be made in advance with the mini-bus operators?

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
8,414 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Post Cruise Hotel DAY PASS? Flight not until 4:30PM

Shami_9,

This is an old thread. You may want to try posting your question on the forum, and/or emaling the poster directly.

Edited: 24 December 2009, 15:24
Royal Palm Beach...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,759 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Post Cruise Hotel DAY PASS? Flight not until 4:30PM

I do not remember the name of the company. Our drivers name was Hector. We were 2 of 2600 people or so who disembarked the Crown Princess and there were 2 or 3 of these 25 passanger minibuses soliciting passangers for a tour and than to SJU by 2:00 pm. When in Old San Juan there were quite a few more of these mini-buses which leads me to believe they are waiing at each Cruise Ship disembarkation.

10. Re: Post Cruise Hotel DAY PASS? Flight not until 4:30PM

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2010, 05:20
Get answers to your questions about San Juan
Recent Conversations