We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Convento "run of the house"

New York State, USA
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
1,426 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
El Convento "run of the house"

Just wondering if anyone has made reservations at the El Convento under "run of the house." I'm wondering if they bump you up to a nicer room if available?

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
314 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: El Convento "run of the house"

Just wondering what "run of the house" means? Have never heard the terminalogy. We are frequent guests at the El Convento, when reserving they recognize my name from their data base and typically offer me the best rate available, additionally I book with the platinum amex, and that usally gets an upgrade, as with everywhere else all rooms are not the same, and when I have been dissappointed with my room their, typically they will change it, often upgrading it. The charm of this hotel makes it worth the stay in addition to its location and excellent complimentary wine and cheese hour at 6:00, it's a wonderful time to relax, and enjoy conversation with other guests pre-dinner. We love the rooftop jacuzzi after dinner before retiring for the night, they provide bathrobes, which is nice for an evening bathing suit cover up.

New York State, USA
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
1,426 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: El Convento "run of the house"

Thank you for your reply. I guess I'd like to know if they are more likely to give a smaller, less luxurious room *or* upgrade to a nicer room with "Run of the House." All it says on their website is "Room assigned upon arrival."

San Diego
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: El Convento "run of the house"

Thanks for asking the question Lady Dee. I recently reserved a room there also under the label of "run of the house". I assumed the same thing. Hopefully, we will be bumped to a nicer room. We'll see!

New York State, USA
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
1,426 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: El Convento "run of the house"

Great, let us know how it works out!

Get answers to your questions about San Juan
Recent Conversations