We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Puerto Rico

Which San Juan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
chicago
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Topic
First time to Puerto Rico

We are a group of 8 (4 adults 4 teens) thinking about spending springbreak in Puerto Rico and was wondering what town we should stay in? We would like to rent a house/condo near or on water with some activity in the area. Don't want to hang with a bunch of college age springbreakers , but also don't want to be in seclusion. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,763 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to Puerto Rico

Look into renting a condo. I recommend Isle Verde or Condado area. If you decide on day trips, you can easily rent a car for that portion of your stay. In Isle Verde, ESJ towers is in a good location, walking distance to restaurants, safe ,close to hotels such as El San Juan hotle, Intercontinental, etc. Unless things have changed, they don't charge for parking.

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
7,936 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time to Puerto Rico

Puerto Rico is very family oriented, therefore it is not a Spring Break destination.

As far as which town is best for you, that depends on your personal preferences. If want to be close to most attractions, then San Juan is your best bet. If you want relaxation, then the east side (Luquillo, Fajardo, Rio Grande) will do. If you prefer low key beach towns, then the west side (Cabo Rojo, Rincon) is a good option.

Luquillo, Fajardo and Rio Grande are located about 45 minutes east of San Juan. Cabo Rojo and Rincon are located about 3 hours south west of San Juan.

Please see the link below for vacation rental information.

http://www.vrbo.com/

Kansas
Level Contributor
297 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time to Puerto Rico

I like the Isabella area to the West and Luquillo to the East. I stayed in Dorado once but I think you would prefer the other two areas more based on your description. If you want to gold, Dorado is the place I think.

4. Re: First time to Puerto Rico

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2011, 07:16