We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

any sports bar and a surf shop around isla verde o condado?

Miami
Level Contributor
168 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
any sports bar and a surf shop around isla verde o condado?

I know that boricuas don't like soccer...but I would really like to see if there is a nice sports bar in which I could go to catch a game of the spanish league soccer while a enjoy a snack and an ice cold medalla light beer!!!....

Also, does anybody know a good surf shop where I could rent a bodyboard within the same area?

My wife will be busy all day in a Zumba dancing seminar!!..so I have all day to catch a few waves in the morning..and then watch a game in the afternoon while I wait for her.

Thanks in advance

NYC
Level Contributor
347 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: any sports bar and a surf shop around isla verde o condado?

Head to "Levis Sports Bar", it's a Dominican place that's open 24-hours and serves delicious food (Churrasco Steak is what they are known for). It's clean, ppl are friendly, etc. There are two locations; one in Isla Verde (next to "Mariscaria Atlantica", my fave seafood spot) and one in Santurce (Miramar section of San Juan). Both are super casual and both have Sports on TV from all over world. Btw, their Grouper Fish with Coconut Sauce tastes great.

Puerto Rico
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
4,101 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: any sports bar and a surf shop around isla verde o condado?

And the Surfshop is just a few minutes down the street from Levis.

There is also Lupis and the BBQ joint on the roof at the El San Juan

San Juan
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: any sports bar and a surf shop around isla verde o condado?

that was a long time ago when soccer was hardly played here, now soccer has become the ''in'' sport in Puerto Rico, thanks mostly to our team Islanders and to the puerto rican soccer league. soccer is played islandwide http://www.prsoccer.org/index.htm

You can catch the game in Pelayo in Condado or in Panaderia España in Isla Verde.

Edited: 14 October 2010, 02:31
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
292 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: any sports bar and a surf shop around isla verde o condado?

Lupis, in Isla Verde ave, Chill's across the street, also has sports on tv. In the Isla Verde mall, where the Dennis is at, there is another sports bar. I believe you can rent boards right on Isla Verde beach, if not on Isla Verde ave. you can find a place.

Miami
Level Contributor
168 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: any sports bar and a surf shop around isla verde o condado?

WOW!!...it is good to know that I have quite a few choices!!!

Gee, Thanks to everyone of you!!! ;-) I appreciate your suggestions!!

BTW, how is the weather down there right now?

I am flying to San Juan early in the morning, and I was considering going to luquillo/yunque area as soon as I land there!!! ;-)

Also, how are the waves right now? what is the best beach for bodyboarding around islaverde/condado?

I am asking that because I am considering taking my bodyboarding swim fins and maybe rent a bodyboard for saturday.

I know that bodyboarding is BIG in Puerto Rico!!!(and now I see that soccer is getting some attention too!!)

Edited: 14 October 2010, 15:07
6. Re: any sports bar and a surf shop around isla verde o condado?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2011, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about San Juan
Recent Conversations