We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ashford Avenue, Condado

St-lambert
Level Contributor
912 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Ashford Avenue, Condado

Hello

My hotel for one night will be near Ashford Avenue,can somebody describe this street, restaurant,bars and store please.

Merci

Sylvain

Royal Palm Beach...
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
1,753 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ashford Avenue, Condado

Ashford is the main drag in Condado and runs parrellel to the Ocean. It is over 1 mile long. Where on Ashford street will you be so that we can answer your question better?

San Francisco CA
Level Contributor
2,361 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ashford Avenue, Condado

Bonjour Sylvain - Ashford runs parallel to the Atlantic Ocean. It is lined with high rise hotels and apartment buildings. Bars and nightclubs are in the hotels. In the blocks inland are many beautiful homes. There are restaurants for every taste and budget. As for shopping, it has the higher end stores. And you are never far from the beach. I really like the area of Ocean Park, to the east where Ashford ends in McCleary Avenue. Lots of low rise buildings and single family homes on a beautiful wide stretch of beach. Nice place.

St-lambert
Level Contributor
912 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ashford Avenue, Condado

Hello

I may stay at the Hilton Double Tree.

Tks

Sylvain

San Francisco CA
Level Contributor
2,361 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ashford Avenue, Condado

On my last trip I stayed at the Doubletree for 2 nights. We got a room on the top floor facing west, with a view towards Condado and the ocean. Lots of trees. The SuperMax grocery is right across the street. Still a very easy walk to the rest of Condado.

San Juan
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ashford Avenue, Condado

the doubletree is located in Avenida De Diego which runs from north to south , from the hotel is about 3 blocks from Avenida Ashford which runs from west to east.

Edited: 20 October 2010, 00:26
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
367 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ashford Avenue, Condado

Probably, you plan to stay one night prior to a cruise. For one night, it might be alright. Not the nicest area in San Juan. Previously, I stayed before a cruise one night in that area.

Next February, I reserve one night prior to a cruise in Isla Verde (Hampton Inn), it is not more expensive than the Doubletree and breakfast is included.

In my opinion, Isla Verde is a better choice than Condado.

By the way, I live in Laval.

I hope that this will help you.

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
498 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ashford Avenue, Condado

the Doubletree is a great place. it's a very easy walk to Ashford Ave and there's some good restaurants right around the hotel as well

Royal Palm Beach...
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
1,753 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ashford Avenue, Condado

On Ashford Sreet betweeen the Marriott and the Ambassador is a block with restaurants on each side and all with sidewalk outdoor seating. Our favorite is Tiuanas(sp?).

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
292 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Ashford Avenue, Condado

Many places to shop, eat, night life etc. in Ashford ave. ( named after Dr. Ashford) his house is on Ashford ave. it is a museum.

San Juan
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ashford Avenue, Condado

As said before, your hotel is on De Diego Ave. although there are some restaurants nearby, you might want to walk towards Ashford Ave, where the main hotels & restaurats are. The closest place for good lunch/dinner (except the hotel's restaurants) food on the area of your hotel is Bebo's about 1 block at Loiza St. ; on De Diego & Ashford, La Patisserie (breakfast, light lunch) or walk towards the hotels at Ashford where you'll find lots of restaurants, bars & higher end stores. At Loiza st. you may walk to some "lower end & low to medium " stores with cheap merchandise.