We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bacardi tour worth the trip??

Mahopac, NY
Level Contributor
28 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Bacardi tour worth the trip??

I was reading about the tour of the Bacardi factory. I was hoping it would show the actual factory. Being that it doesn't, is it really worth the trip going? We will only be in OSJ for 2 days and I don't want to waste a 1/2 day if it's not really worth it.

Thanks!

BTW... I know they give out 2 free drink coupons...that's all most good enough for me LOL

Bespoke Lifestyle Management
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Boat Tours, Day Trips
Jerrys Adventures
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, Kayaking & Canoeing, Eco Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
De Tour Con Ali
Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Rio Grande, PR
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,940 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bacardi tour worth the trip??

Guess it really depends on what "worth the trip" means to you.

As you've already noted, it does not include the factory, so you will not see any part of the actual rum production. But it is entertaining, educational and air conditioned.

Some people love it.

Some people think it's a waste of time.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,802 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bacardi tour worth the trip??

We stayed for a wek and had a rental car. For us it was defintely worth it. With only 2 days, I don't know if I'd bother.

San Juan
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bacardi tour worth the trip??

You can get your 2 free drinks at La casita de turismo in OSJ... I would spend my time touring the forts & OSJ instead, and the 2nd day a tour to El Yunque and one of the biobays.

San Juan
Level Contributor
16 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bacardi tour worth the trip??

If your going to go to Bacardi dont go with a tour company they charge your like 55 dollars for something that is free, you basically have to pay to go there. My plan is got to Old San Juan see the forts, you would have to go early in the morning, see everything in OSJ and then take the ferry to Cata~o in the pierre area in southern part of OSJ. Once you get there take a taxi to Bacardi, this is the most inexpensive way to get there. Bus to OSJ is .75 each way (exact change), ferry about 1.50 do not remember right know but will get back with answer and taxi round trip about 5-7 dollars for trip

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
292 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bacardi tour worth the trip??

If you are only in San Juan for 2 days, I would skip Bacardi... there is so much more to see and to little time...:)

San Juan
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bacardi tour worth the trip??

i would skip it, there are more interesting things to do and see.

NYC
Destination Expert
for Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,082 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bacardi tour worth the trip??

will you have a car?

you can go to the caves at camuy if they are open and go to arecibo to see the satellite dish on the way back. if you go, make sure you go early to the caves as it is first come first serve for a limited amount of people. you can check out osj at night.

you can do el yunque and a bio bay instead or the next day.

San Francisco CA
Level Contributor
2,361 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Bacardi tour worth the trip??

str - Buy a bottle of Barrillito instead. There is no other rum like it.

Level Contributor
678 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bacardi tour worth the trip??

No. Lot's of more interesting rum tours and tastings.

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
6 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bacardi tour worth the trip??

If you do go and want more drinks you can't buy them. At least I am pretty sure of that but not positive. However if you tip the bar tenders well they will not take your drink coupons so you can have endless free drinks in a sense.

I have heard this from many different people that went there.