We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental San Juan

San Antonio
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Car Rental San Juan

Will be taking family in June - 8 adults and three kids - will probably need a mini van and a compact. Best luck with rentals?

San Juan Snorkel and Picnic Cruise
707 reviews
from US$83.00*
Special Offer
Old San Juan Sunset Sail
32 reviews
from US$66.50*
US$95.00
Old San Juan Walking Tour
202 reviews
from US$40.00*
Old San Juan Food Tour
269 reviews
from US$92.19*
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,578 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rental San Juan

Do a search in travelocity for car rentals. You can also check with a local company called Charlie charliecars.com As far as I know, all the companies are good here.

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,327 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rental San Juan

PR is part of the US. Renting a car is no different than going to Orlando. Use whatever discounts you may have.

Rincon,PR
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rental San Juan

The best deals we have found for our guests have been through Charlie Rental Cars: http://www.charliecars.com/

They are local, safe, helpful, nice....

Level Contributor
677 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Rental San Juan

I'm not the happiest camper with CharleCar. Rented last year, all was excellent. Rented first week this December this year, and had much different experience.

First, office was undergoing expansion and they were putting up wall board with a power hammer which was noisy as heck. Outside, a guy was on a ladder removing cinder blocks with an air hammer while customers were standing around that driveway in too close proximity - stone flying all over.

Then after waiting for a car to be prepped for half an hour (with reservation), a wreck drove up, 2 year old Hyundai with about 45K miles on it. How do you put that mileage on a car in PR? There were more scratches and dents... looked like it had been through a gang war. The previous customer was complaining of same. They hand you the damage report and it looks like a jigsaw puzzle. On the road, we had warning lights and chimes coming on while driving down to Punta Tuna, tire pressure light, so I put more air in to kill the light. Then chimes kept coming on with no hints. I called them from the road and they said if no problems evident, ignore it. Quite distracting and the alarm continued. I think it was brake related as we were climbing steep hills.

I think they are suffering growing pains and a space and car shortage. They will be the lowest price, but I will look at competitors next year. Bad show this year. Here we call it "Rent-a-Wreck."

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,802 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Rental San Juan

We got a really good rate from Enterprise this Xmas week. Also, they were out of cars in the category we booked, so got upgraded to an SUV for free. From what I could see, the vehicles on their lot looked to be in great shape. I was very happy with them and wouldn't hesitate to use them again in PR. By the way, we booked months in advance and got the AAA rate.

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
51 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car Rental San Juan

Charlie's Car Rental !

7. Re: Car Rental San Juan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2012, 06:18