We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best hotel for two days before cruise-good beach not far out

Dallas
Level Contributor
75 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Best hotel for two days before cruise-good beach not far out

We will be cruising out of San Juan in late July. I want to stay at a nice hotel 3-4 star, but I want it to be able to get to the touristy things. Would like a good beach-not rocky and no airplane noise. I have read many reviews and looked at many hotels--but need advice. Laura

Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,558 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best hotel for two days before cruise-good beach not far out

The nicest beach in the area is Isla Verde, less than 10 minute from the airport and no airport noise. It is also less than 15 minutes from the cruise pier. Good hotels in the area are the Intercontinental Hotel, El San Juan Hotel, Ritz Carlton and for a more budget appropiate you can consider the Hampton Inn. In Isal Verde there is also a Courtyard by Marriott, but that hotel I wouldn't know if it has airport noise.

The best accomodation option in Isla Verde is to rent a beachfront apartment, but for 2 nights only I am not sure if you will find one.

Edited: 01 February 2011, 12:05
San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
219 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best hotel for two days before cruise-good beach not far out

based on recent experience, I would recommend the Intercontinental Hotel at the center of Isla Verde Beach, which is probably the best beach in San Juan. A safe area where you can easily walk to many great restaurants (like Plato's, Metropol, Lupi's. and La Playita") The cab ride to the cruise terminal is only about 15 minutes on the weekend. keep in mind, there are no sandy beaches in Old San Juan to speak of, so if the beach thing is important, you whave a choice between Condando Beach and Isla Verde, and I believe Isla Verde offers more.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best hotel for two days before cruise-good beach not far out

I agree that the nicest beach is Isla Verde and most hotels in the area have direct beach access. Btw, I have stayed at the Courtyard Isla Verde and there was no airport noise in the rooms if the balcony door is closed. You can hear noise at the beach but its pretty much the same throughout the Isla Verde area.

4. Re: Best hotel for two days before cruise-good beach not far out

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 15:22