We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel - solo traveler

Mackinac Island...
Level Contributor
151 posts
Save Topic
hotel - solo traveler

I am planning on staying one night in San Juan on my way to Vieques, and one night again on my way back. Any recommendations for a solo female traveler? I get there in the late evening and leave in the morning, so I really just need something in a safe area with some dining choices within walking distance.

Thank you!

Royal Palm Beach...
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
1,759 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel - solo traveler

The safest and most walkable area for restaurants in my opinion is the Condado area which includes the Conrad, Marriott Stellaris and LaConcha.

Atlantic City, New...
Level Contributor
342 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel - solo traveler

Depends which airport you are coming back from. If its Isla Grande then try the Sheraton in Old San Juan. Its in a tourist area with people, lights, and restaurants if needed.

Not sure about the SJU area...

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
60 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel - solo traveler

I would definitely recomend the Old San Juan area. It is very nice and everything is walking distance. Hotels, restaurants, bars, etc. Hotels in Old San Juan you have a lot. Sheraton in Old San Juan, Gallery In, Hotel El Convento, Casa Blanca, etc.

My parents stayed at the Hotel El Convento and told me it was a beautiful great hotel, that their staff was super nice. A lot of people have talked to me about Casa Blanca hotel, because it's theme is the movie Casa Blanca

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
162 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel - solo traveler

I like Old San Juan. It has a great variety of restaurants and hotels, you don't need to rent a car their is a trolley that is free of charge that goes around the city just hop in. You should really check out hotels in Old San Juan.

Mackinac Island...
Level Contributor
151 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel - solo traveler

I was initially very interested in El Convento, however they have a 2 night minimum. I have some research to do based on your suggestions, thanks for your help!

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
60 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel - solo traveler

I have read in different forums of people that have stayed there for one night. Maybe you should call them, just in case they can make the exception.

Mackinac Island...
Level Contributor
151 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel - solo traveler

Thanks for the tip! I emailed the manager and she kindly waived the two night minimum for me.

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
60 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hotel - solo traveler

I am glad, I sure hope you enjoy your night

9. Re: hotel - solo traveler

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about San Juan
Recent Conversations