We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to watch NFL in Puerto Rico

Kansas City...
1 post
Save Topic
Where to watch NFL in Puerto Rico

I'm going to Puerto Rico in December of 2011. I'm wondering where (restaurant/pub) I can go to watch an NFL football game... somewhere where they have multiple screens so I am sure to catch the game I'm looking for, good atmosphere and a good beer.

Old San Juan Walking Tour
208 reviews
from US$40.00*
Old San Juan Food Tour
296 reviews
from US$92.19*
Old San Juan Segway Tour
392 reviews
from US$103.69*
Casa Bacardi and Old San Juan Tour
62 reviews
from US$84.00*
Bayamón, Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
627 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to watch NFL in Puerto Rico

As a sports bar regular, I feel short of options here if one is not in the San Juan area. There are very few places beyond the tourist area. I guess you will stay in a hotel in San Juan.

Do not expect too much frenzy on NFL in Puerto Rico. That is not a major sport here, either on fandom or leagues.

That said, the rooftop of Hotel San Juan has one, many TV screens, quite expensive, although.

Also in Isla Verde there is Beats, with many of those too. It is walking distance from hotels, at Isla Verde Mall on Isla Verde Avenue.

Pizzeria UNO across the street from Hotel San Juan has three screens.

The Sheraton at the Convention Center has a bar with some screens. Expensive, and screens are quite high on the roof, depending on to which one one looks at, might get neck pain.

Right at the airport, across the street from the terminal, there is Buffalo Wings. It has many screens. There is also another of this one in Borinquen Towers 10 minutes away, but it is quite small and monitors never look good. Avoid it if necessary.

A little farther, still in San Juan, there is Replay. Some screens, quite affordable. It is in front of the former state prison, called Oso Blanco, which is a landmark, so everyone knows where it is.

In the town of Guaynabo there is Logans Pub, on Rt. 1, the former Shannan's Pub. Most people around here suppose it is an Irish bar.

Also in Guaynabo there is Shannan's Pub. It seems to me to have the best and largest crowd for pro and college football. It is on Expreso Martinez Nadal. Another so-called Irish bar.

Dunbars, in Guaynabo as well, has quite a number of screens. That one is close to the Expreso Martinez Nadal and downtown Guaynabo.

If you are away from San Juan, any Doble Seis venue will do. That is the only sports bar chain in Puerto Rico.

That is my best knowledge; places I go. There should be some others for sure. Let me know if you need more specific directions or if you will be away from San Juan.

Questions? Ask!

Juan Carlos Ortega

Puerto Rico

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to watch NFL in Puerto Rico

Also La Placita in Santurce have a quite noumerous bars,not many with multiple screens but am certain some will watch NFL since some of the visitors and locals follow the NFL. Not sure if the Chiefs will make the playoffs :) Many were watching the NBA as well.

Are you going to stay around San Juan?

Sedona, Arizona
Level Contributor
29 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to watch NFL in Puerto Rico

We had fun watching games at the bar at The Latin Roots in Old San Juan. Also, we've watched a lot of football at the rooftop bar at the Radisson Ambassador in the Condado. The food is good, too.

Puerto Rico
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
4,275 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to watch NFL in Puerto Rico

I think Juan Carlos meant Chilli's in Isla Verde, not Pizzeria Uno across the El San Juan

Bayamón, Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
627 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to watch NFL in Puerto Rico

Indeed! Chili's is the place. Darn, I guess I am losing my edge... ;)

Questions? Ask!

Juan Carlos Ortega

Puerto Rico

London, United...
Level Contributor
191 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to watch NFL in Puerto Rico

Hi guys, not sure if I should start a new thread for this, but we're coming to Puerto Rico in November - right in the middle of the English soccer season. Will these venues show the Saturday games from England which kick off around 10am PR time ? Are there any soccer specific bars in San Juan ?

We're staying at the Intercontinental San Juan, there's probably about six or seven of us that would like to watch the football so if there's anywhere nearby that will screen the games whilst service us cheap cold beer it would be great to know in advance.

Kind regards,

Craig

Cruz Bay, St. John
Level Contributor
471 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to watch NFL in Puerto Rico

Like Juan Carlos mentioned "Sahnnons Pub" has the Most and the largest screens on the island and good Burgers, Steaks etc.

Sadly Dunbars went bankrupt.

Puerto Rico
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
4,275 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to watch NFL in Puerto Rico

Just a few minutes from the Intercontinental is the Coladas Restaurant and Bar at the Verdanza Hotel. They have multiple screens and good food too

Bayamón, Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
627 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to watch NFL in Puerto Rico

Soccer is not a major sport in Puerto Rico, so there are no bars where you can have a good chance of catching a game on TV. Teams like Barsa or Real Madrid could stir a little emotion here but not enough like for regular broadcasting of games.

At 10 a. m. most bars should be closed. The places you could find open will either do not have enough TV sets, or are better suited for breakfast at that time of the day.

In Isla Verde, three blocks from the IC hotel, there is 101 Sports Bar and they have cheap beer prices. There are about four screens They open later than 10 a. m. but since the NCAA college football season will be underway by the time of your visit, maybe they open earlier so for the customer needs. However, either there or in any other, you will have to compete for a TV set to watch your game. Again, you will find 20 football fans for each soccer fan here.

Read my posting above about locals with TV sets and call ahead to find out whether they will open at that hour and whether they could reserve a TV set for your party. Make sure you know what TV network will broadcast the game. It is very likely that they will ask you that.

At this time I can not figure out how else to get cheap beer prices, watch the game, and all that close to your hotel.

Questions? Ask!

Juan Carlos Ortega

Puerto Rico

London, United...
Level Contributor
191 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to watch NFL in Puerto Rico

Great, thanks for the advice guys-I'll contact the venues mentioned

Get answers to your questions about San Juan
Recent Conversations