We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best San Juan Transit Info?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
95 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best San Juan Transit Info?

Now that I know the transit strike is over, I need to study the San Juan system for our visit next week. Problem is, I keep getting dead links when searching for current maps/timetables, and don't see any online sources for general info/tips on the bus or Tren Urbano. Any suggestions?

Puerto Rico
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
4,051 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best San Juan Transit Info?

The problem is, that our bus system is sucks. No timing, sometimes pepole wait for an hour. They have not published maps for a few years. Go on Dtop web site and look at the routes & bus numbers, not the actual map, because the map only tells you that there is a bus, but not which one.

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
60 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best San Juan Transit Info?

Yeah, definetely be prepared to waste lotssss of time waiting for a bus, and taking a long timeee to get places. The Tren Urbano is not that bad, it's just that some stops do not make any sense as far as where they are located, and taking the train sometimes means taking a bus also.

3. Re: Best San Juan Transit Info?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 08:28