We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airlines from US mainland

Cardiff, Wales
Level Contributor
394 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Airlines from US mainland

Hi there, I am looking to take a Transatlantic cruise from San Juan, as I live in Britain I need to get a flight to the US and then an internal flight, can anyone tell me a good airline for this such as jetblue, spirit etc and also the best state to get it from, I can fly from London into most US cities so just looking for the cheapest way to connect. thanks in advance.

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
7,156 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airlines from US mainland

Fly into one of the major east coast airports (JFK, EWR, Atlanta or MIA) then fly on to SJU. Check Jet Blue, Sprint, Continental, American and Delta - all have flights from most of those airports to SJU. Airfare prices fluctuate so you'll have to check which will end up being the least expensive routing for you.

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
8,533 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airlines from US mainland

My top 3 are US Airways, Delta, and American Airlines. However, I flew Continental once and was very pleased with the service. I would definetely use it again and recommend it.

Edited: 13 December 2011, 15:19
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,572 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airlines from US mainland

British Airways have directs flights from Gatwick (London) to Puerto Rico but the flight is only a few days a week, it is not a daily flight.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airlines from US mainland

Its a little cheaper flying from JFK than Atlanta. US flag carriers services is not as good as BMI or BA IMO. The seats on some US aircraft are somewhat smaller.

5. Re: Airlines from US mainland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2012, 10:19
Get answers to your questions about San Juan
Recent Conversations