We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Time to San Juan Pre- Cruise.... Critique My Itinerary

Ohio
Level Contributor
156 posts
Save Topic
First Time to San Juan Pre- Cruise.... Critique My Itinerary

This is our first cruise and so we are going to do 2 nights in San Juan prior as we are used to beach vacations so wanted to get the best of both worlds. Can you please critique my itinerary???

Arrive on Thursday around 2pm...

Take cab to La Concha Resort

Lunch at Solera near Pool

Swim and relax

Take Cab over to El San Juan for pre-dinner drinks and then have dinner at Koco.- Not sure about this restaurant b/c there are not many reviews. Any thoughts on that???

Friday-

Wake up and have a small breakfast

Relax and Swim

Lunch: Looking for somewhere within walking distance of the hotel. Does anyone have a list of places? Thought we would eat lunch and maybe shop a bit. I heard there are some shops right in the area?

Dinner: Was planning on going in to OSJ a bit early and being dropped off near the horse/carriages so that we could take a tour pre-dinner. We have dinner reservations at Marmalade. Could the carriage take us to dinner and then we could take a cab back? I have absolutely no idea the distance between these 2 places. I don't see where you can make reservations for the carriage tour. Where do I instruct cab to let us off for this?

Saturday-

Get packed and have Hotel hold our luggage. Take cab into OSJ. We are hoping to get Flavors of San Juan to do a private lunch tour from 11-1pm and when finished, we will go pick up luggage and head to the ship. If by chance, I cannot get this arranged, thinking of doing the walking tour for dinner on Thursday night?

Am I missing anything???? Thank you so much for your help!!!

Royal Palm Beach...
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
1,760 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Time to San Juan Pre- Cruise.... Critique My Itinerary

La Concha is right in the middle of the Condado area with more than its share of restauants from casual to upscale all within walking distance. So unless you want to see Isla Verde there is no reason to go to the El San Juan for dinner. Spending some time in Old San Juan is nice, but why not do it all on your Friday instead of breaking it up between 2 trips.. The distance between La Concha and Old San Juan is about 3 miles or a $12 cab ride. During the day there is a bus to Old San Juan that you can pick up in front of the hotel for 75 cents per person.For a casual lunch near La Concha I like Tiuanes about 4 short blocks to your left as you leave the hotel with outdoor sidewalk seating. Four blocks the other way is Wakacki which has good food with an oceanfront view although not impressive from the front.

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
8,557 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Time to San Juan Pre- Cruise.... Critique My Itinerary

On Saturday, I would suggest taking your luggage with you and storing it at Barrachina in tghe Old San Juan. That way won't have to go back to the hotel. Everything else looks good.

Puerto Rico
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
4,155 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Time to San Juan Pre- Cruise.... Critique My Itinerary

I agree with Paris7002

Ohio
Level Contributor
156 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: First Time to San Juan Pre- Cruise.... Critique My Itinerary

Thanks everyone for the great recommendations!!!

Bayamón, Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
627 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: First Time to San Juan Pre- Cruise.... Critique My Itinerary

Aloha will also hold your bags and it is across the street from the cruise piers in Old San Juan.

Questions? Ask!

Juan Carlos Ortega

Puerto Rico

6. Re: First Time to San Juan Pre- Cruise.... Critique My Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2013, 10:21