We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inexpensive, no frills accommodation for one night

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,667 posts
245 reviews
Save Topic
Inexpensive, no frills accommodation for one night

My travel plans were thrown for a loop when I procrastinated and can no longer use points to book a free room for the last day of my trip in a few weeks. I need an inexpensive place to stay for one night before I fly home the next day. I looked on hotels.com and the following are under $100.

Coqui Inn

Oceana Hostel Playero

Casa Condado

Coral by the Sea

Sandy Beach

Are any of these a decent place just to sleep and take a hot shower in the morning? I will literally check in during the afternoon, spend the day and evening in Old San Juan and return to sleep and check out early in the morning. I'm stressing because this was an unexpected expense/reservation.

Old San Juan Walking Tour
202 reviews
from US$40.00*
Old San Juan Food Tour
270 reviews
from US$92.19*
Old San Juan Segway Tour
71 reviews
from US$103.69*
Casa Bacardi and Old San Juan Tour
61 reviews
from US$84.00*
San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,667 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Inexpensive, no frills accommodation for one night

Anyone? I really should reserve ASAP! Mt date is less than two weeks away.

Edited: 10 January 2012, 06:01
King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
8,618 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Inexpensive, no frills accommodation for one night

I'm so sorry. I've never stayed at any of them. Some of them I've never even heard of. I think that Coral by the Sea has been mentioned here on TA. I would suggest looking into its reviews.

Have you considered bidding on Priceline.com? I'm sure you can find a nice hotel, or at least a 3 stars for that price. I bid for a 4 stars back in October and got the Intercontinental for only $80 a night (plus fees and taxes, which when added to the $80, did not exceed $100 a night).

Hotwire.com is also a good option. Give us your exact dates and we will help you find something.

Edited: 10 January 2012, 12:06
Rincon,PR
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Inexpensive, no frills accommodation for one night

Have a look at the reviews here on TA:

www.tripadvisor.com/HACSearch…

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,667 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Inexpensive, no frills accommodation for one night

I did look into reviews, I just thought someone in the forums could do more of a side by side comparison.

I'll look into Priceline, thanks!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,667 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Inexpensive, no frills accommodation for one night

Paris-Check in on Sun, Jan 29, check out the following day.

Priceline didn't accept my bid :(

San Juan
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Inexpensive, no frills accommodation for one night

if you just care for a clean bed, a tv set with satellite channels, a shower and the basics: towels, soap and shampoo then these hotels are the best. if you care for 15 dollar towels, room service, concierge or buttler and luxury accomodations expect to pay more elsewhere.

Edited: 10 January 2012, 17:27
San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,667 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Inexpensive, no frills accommodation for one night

Ok! I took a chance and used Hotwire. I booked Hotel Miramar for $99 which includes taxes and fees. Glad that's over, thanks again!

8. Re: Inexpensive, no frills accommodation for one night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2013, 10:18