We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing question?

Duluth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
5,131 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Fishing question?

Hey all; I have friends visiting in 2 weeks, staying in Isabela. Forgive my lack of knowledge of PR, but with little research time I'm hoping someone can point me in the direction of a fishing charter for them. They aren't avid fishermen; from my limited research it looks like an inshore trip would be more timely, season wise, than offshore fishing, and I think they are pretty much OK with catching whatever. Looks like there are some interesting charters that fish the bay of San Juan? Other options somewhat close to Isabela? I'm not sure if they have a car, will charter operators pick them up (not sure how far Isabela is from...anywhere!) Thanks for any help you can give:)

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing question?

Most fishing charters leave from Fajardo on the east coast. It's 50-60 minutes ride east versus the 2-2.5 hr drive to the west coast. Check this website for fishing charters:

travelandsports.com/fishing-puerto-rico-fi.p…

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,168 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fishing question?

You will be much closer to Rincon and Aquadilla. There is fishing in the shallows and off the pier. Search on those. You will find something you should like.

Puerto Rico
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
4,051 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fishing question?

I dont know what inshore fishing they wold have on that side . In San Juan you can do light tackle in the mangroves and Lagoon with Capt. Armando at www.magictarponpuertorico.com. Rincon area is not really known for fishing, more for surfing.check at www.rincon.org

Duluth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
5,131 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fishing question?

I am finding some fishing info on Rincon. I don't need anything too great, they aren't that avid of fishermen, just want to get out and experience something new while they're down there. thanks.

Porta del Sol...
Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fishing question?

Visit this this site.

…blogspot.com/

6. Re: Fishing question?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2013, 10:15