We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old San Juan

Saint Ansgar, Iowa
Level Contributor
78 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Old San Juan

My wife and I are staying in Fajardo and plan to visit Old San Juan for a day. We can go either Sunday or Monday March 4th or 5th. Is one day bettter than the other considering traffic, crowds, or events? We will be snorkeling/snubaing the other day in Fajardo.

Rio Grande, PR
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,930 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Old San Juan

Sundays are more crowded ... multiple cruise ships unloading/loading for the week, more local families in town, etc. More people could be a good or bad thing, depending on your personal preferences.

Weekdays, you have rush-hour issues that you'll need to work around (6am-8:30am and 4pm-7pm). Avoid that and you'll be fine.

St Thomas, VI
Level Contributor
7,795 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Old San Juan

On Sundays there are guided tours at the forts that aren't offered on Monday. Here's a link to the calendar:

nps.gov/saju/planyourvisit/guidedtours.htm

On Mondays they offer tours of the governor's mansion, La Forteleza (sp?). You can't do that on Sunday!

On Sundays there are crafters and other artisans on the plaza near the cruise ship dock with most setting up starting in the late afternoon or early evening, I think.

On Sundays families will be on the lawn near Ft San Cristobal flying kites. Such a magnificent sight!

So, maybe you should go on Sunday unless you're dying to see the governor's mansion.

Saint Ansgar, Iowa
Level Contributor
78 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Old San Juan

Thank you for the replies

4. Re: Old San Juan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2013, 10:19