We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Confused where to stay in Puerto Rico

Which San Juan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Avenel
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Confused where to stay in Puerto Rico

We are panning a 5 day trip to Puerto Rico in first week of May. We have a 2 year old girl and couldn't decide where should we stay. We will land in San Juan and was looking for good hotels (max budget $125) . We prefer a kitchenette or atleast microwave and refrigerator for the kid. I saw Golden Sands Villa, Dorado and Radisson Ambasdor Plaza in San Juan. So confused.. which place is better and have beautiful beaches... I need to book by tomorrow otherwise the prices will go up.. Please suggest. If there are any other safe and breathtaking places where we can live but near to attractions.

Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,539 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Confused where to stay in Puerto Rico

Dorado is somewhat isolated from the touristic attractions and is 30 minutes from San Juan. I would suggest you look into the Condado or Isla Verde area of San Juan. If you are more adventurous you can consider the east coast of the island, but for that a car is strongly recommended.

Hotels with a kitchenette are very limited. In San Juan I can only think of the Embassy Suites in Isla Verde. You should strongly consider renting an apartment. You will get the best value for your money if you do so. In Condado a good economical building is Ashford Imperial. It is not beachfront but it is in Ashford Ave and a block away from the beach. In Isla Verde nicest building are Coral Beach, Marbella del Caribe (West) and ESJ. All these are beachfront. In all these building you can get an apartment within your budget. Condado and Isla Verde have a good selection of restaurants and shops within walking distance. Main difference between both is the beach. Isla Verde has a nicer, calmer beach

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Confused where to stay in Puerto Rico

In your case, I would suggest you rent a beachfront condo in Isla Verde with ocean views and a kitchen. Check this website:

cyberrentals.com/san-juan/…find.squery

You'll get a better deal I think than staying at a hotel. Most of the condo complexes have pools, parking and are gated.

3. Re: Confused where to stay in Puerto Rico

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 12:15