We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
67 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
weather

has it really been raining everyday all day!!!! the online weather has it raining the entire month!!! omg!

Rio Grande, PR
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,930 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: weather

It's the tropics.

Weather forecast for up to 30% chance of rain is normal YEAR ROUND.

We are currently in "dry season" (for what it's worth).

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather

It's referring to scattered showers. In the topics a cloud mass drops rain for a short time, the air currents move it away and then the sun is back out again. This happens all over the island.

troy, mi
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: weather

Was in San Juan on the 11th. Sunny all day, no rain. Also saw forecast that it said rain every day--not true!

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,104 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather

It will rain somewhere on the island everyday. It's green and lush for a reason. If you want a desert like experience head for the southern part of the island. There is a dry forest and cactus.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather

thank you for posting and replying to this topic. we will be in san juan next week and i was starting to worry. :)

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,104 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weather

Melliewags, you will be just fine. If it does rain, It's a warm rain. You can keep walking are head into the ocean, Hit a pub or relax under a palm until it passes.

Normal, Illinois
Level Contributor
60 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: weather

I will be in San Juan next week too! I have been worried as well. I don't mind a little rain... as long as it isn't constant. Where are you staying?

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
67 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: weather

Thanks for the all posts! I have been on many islands and many other tropical destinations. But the weather report online has never shown rain everyday! Its actually SUNNY and warm in Chicago - but can't wait for our 1st trip to San Juan!

Quincy
Level Contributor
94 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: weather

Just got back from 6 days there. The rain is for about 5 - 10 minutes a day. Partly cloudy, but 100% sun would burn you out in a hurry. The day we left it looked like a crappy, cloudy day, but probably burnt off

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
67 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: weather

anybody have first hand knowledge of good weather in san juan? the online weather shows all rain everyday!!!! omg