We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

to Playa Flamenca from San Juan

los angeles
Level Contributor
153 posts
1 review
Save Topic
to Playa Flamenca from San Juan

Hi All-

I hope someone can shed some light on a daytrip I'd like to take to Culebra. I wanna get to Playa Flemenca and I wanted to know the best route from San Juan.

I keep hearing that I should taxi to Fajardo and take a ferry from there.. Or i could just fly.

What's the best way?

Thanks,

Daniel

NYC
Destination Expert
for Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: to Playa Flamenca from San Juan

well, from San Juan, the way to get there in the least amount of time is to fly.

You can fly from San Juan International and Im pretty sure from Isla Grande Airport(between Miramar and OSJ).

Check Flamenco Airline and Vieques Air LInk.

I think Air Sunshine flies there as well.

los angeles
Level Contributor
153 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: to Playa Flamenca from San Juan

Thank you!

Any info on approximate rates to fly?

Thanks, again

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: to Playa Flamenca from San Juan

It is cheaper to fly from Isla Grande Airport versus the international airport. It's a fifteen minute taxi ride over.

Edited: 20 March 2012, 02:58
los angeles
Level Contributor
153 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: to Playa Flamenca from San Juan

Thank you to all!

This helps soooo much!

Daniel

Boston
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: to Playa Flamenca from San Juan

You could also take a snorkeling tour from Fajardo that that stops at flamenco beach and would include lunch and rum drinks.

Boston
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: to Playa Flamenca from San Juan

You could also take a snorkeling tour from Fajardo that that stops at flamenco beach and would include lunch and rum drinks.

St Thomas, VI
Level Contributor
7,874 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: to Playa Flamenca from San Juan

I did the snorkeling tour from Fajardo (a very dull city, IMO) with kayakingpuertorico.com, and reviewed it on TripAdvisor. It was one of the best tours I've done, because it included the beach, kayaking, snorkeling, and sea life. We were staying in Fajardo (deadsville), so it was easy for us to get to the ferry terminal for the tour.

Depending on the number of people in your group, they'll come pick you up from San Juan. IMO, it's worth every penny to have them get your ferry tickets, because it saves you valuable vacation time.

Edited: 25 March 2012, 18:52
8. Re: to Playa Flamenca from San Juan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2013, 09:24