We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight stay near SJU airport

Clarks Summit,Pa
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
Level Contributor
840 posts
Save Topic
Overnight stay near SJU airport

Can anybody suggest a place close to the Airport that;

#1 is fairly inexpensive

#2 has p/u and drop off from the airport

#3 has restauarants within walking distance

Thanks...

Bayamón, Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
627 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Overnight stay near SJU airport

No free transportation from/to the airport unless someone takes care of that using his or her own car.

There is a small hotel in the airport terminal, I hope it is still there, and that is the nearest you will find where to stay. It used to have a restaurant, I do not know whether it is still there.

There are no restaurants around the airport unless you get to Isla Verde. It is not a distance to walk, since there are no sidewalks and you would have to walk in a highway. It is not that near anyway.

Depending on what time you arrive, take the bus out of the airport to Isla Verde and return in a taxi at anytime.

If not, then stay in Isla Verde, consider no less than $120 a night, plus taxi to/from.

That is my best take.

Questions? Ask!

Juan Carlos Ortega

Puerto Rico

Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Overnight stay near SJU airport

You can check Coral by the Sea. It is an inexpensive motel on Isla Verde Ave. I don't know the quality of the rooms, but it has a good location and is very inexpensive and close to restaurants. A taxi from airport is $10-$12 each way plus cost of luggage.

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
219 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Overnight stay near SJU airport

Check out the Hampton inn in isla verde. Right across from the airport, but still in the main isla verde tourist district. Many restuarants and the beach are within easy walking distance, including the El San Juan hotel. Also an area where you can safely walk day or night

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Overnight stay near SJU airport

Try La Playa Hotel in Carolina, minutes from the airport. It's inexpensive in comparison to most of the hotels in San Juan. Unfortunately, none of the hotels have pick up and drop off. Just take a cab from airport. They will be situated right outside the baggage claim area.

5. Re: Overnight stay near SJU airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2013, 10:27