We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Isla Verde to Old Sah Juan via public transportation...

Which San Juan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
121 posts
225 reviews
Save Topic
Isla Verde to Old Sah Juan via public transportation...

Please advise how to get from Isla Verde to the old San Juan... What bus? Where to find it? What is the rate? Who do I pay to or where do I get the tickets? Where to get off? Please give me as much info as possible... Thank you!

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
2,624 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Isla Verde to Old Sah Juan via public transportation...

Hi Kat, Bus T 57 In front of the Intercontinental $.75

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
8,068 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Isla Verde to Old Sah Juan via public transportation...

Please be advised that the bus service must be used during the day only. It's not recommended to be used at night for safety reasons.

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
8,754 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Isla Verde to Old Sah Juan via public transportation...

I would not say it is unsafe to use buses at night, especially in the area between Isla Verde and OSJ. They are just more unreliable and you may have to wait longer at a stop, so late at night is more efficient to take a cab.

Leesburg, Virginia
Level Contributor
30 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Isla Verde to Old Sah Juan via public transportation...

I can attest to feeling safe riding the bus from Old San Juan to Isle Verde until probably the 9:00 PM hours and did not feel unsafe. The bus was very crowded. We stayed at the Ritz and I felt more apprehensive walking in front of the bars near our hotels than anytime riding the bus. It just didn't make sense to pay the cab fare when the bus far was so inexpensive.

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,795 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Isla Verde to Old Sah Juan via public transportation...

I think the bus # is 53

6. Re: Isla Verde to Old Sah Juan via public transportation...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 16:41