We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rain rain?

Which San Juan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
new york, NY
8 posts
Save Topic
Rain rain?

Hey, how is the weather in Isla Verde? My husband and I are coming there next Wednesday for 5 days and all I see is rain in the forecast. Has it rained there?

Chicago
Level Contributor
105 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rain rain?

It always says rain in the forecast. It's the tropics!

los angeles
Level Contributor
153 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Rain rain?

so.......

what kinda rain is expected this week? I see scattered showers one day and isolated the next...and then scattered again..

not quite sure what to make of that...

anyone know? I'll be there tomorrow through the monday.. and it would be depressing if it rained the whole time.. :-(

please advise...

new york, NY
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rain rain?

I think you will have better weather than us! You should be fine for this weekend, at least its sunny

los angeles
Level Contributor
153 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Rain rain?

Last week when I checked, it said 60% chance of rain..now it's @ 30%..

so maybe you'll be fine as well :-)

Merrick, New York
Level Contributor
43 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rain rain?

Here now, rained for 10 minutes then really nice, but windy

Chicago
Level Contributor
105 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rain rain?

Stop worrying about the rain! It rains a few times through out the day for 10-15 minutes. Generally it is sunny. I am just ending my 5 days here...it's vacation...enjoy it!!

Boston...
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rain rain?

I was worried about that myself, flying in on Friday!

Boston...
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rain rain?

I was worried about that myself, flying in on Friday!

Rio Grande, PR
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,901 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Rain rain?

We got 4.5" of rain on our property in Rio Grande (at the edge of El Yunque) yesterday. It really did rain all day. There were flash flood warnings for the towns around El Yunque. There was flooding in Carolina.

They're predicting more of the same for today, but the sky is blue and the sun is shining right now. So maybe we're in the clear.

Looking at the satellite maps, the area of bad weather has headed to the south-east of PR ... toward the Lesser Antilles. Forecast is looking better (and more "normal") starting Saturday.

Edited: 03 May 2012, 11:54
10. Re: Rain rain?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 07:40