We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in late October?

Colorado Springs...
1 post
Save Topic
Weather in late October?

We are planning a trip to San Juan in late October but weren't sure about hurricanes and tropical storms. Should we be concerned? I know hurricane season is from June 1 to November 30, but I haven't been able to find much more information than that.

San Juan Snorkel and Picnic Cruise
707 reviews
from US$83.00*
Special Offer
Old San Juan Sunset Sail
32 reviews
from US$66.50*
US$95.00
Old San Juan Walking Tour
202 reviews
from US$40.00*
Old San Juan Food Tour
269 reviews
from US$92.19*
San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
9,851 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in late October?

It is impossible to predict when and if we would be hit by a hurricane or tropical storm. The worst storms are usually in september, but you never know. We usually get a few days of notice of an approaching storm. If you are in the island already, you can try to secure a flight out, and if not here yet, you can cancel your trip. Just get travel insurance in case you need to cancel the trip.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
68 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in late October?

I too am considering going in late October. I'm sure we'll be fine.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
528 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in late October?

We are headed down Oct 13-20th so hopefully we will have great weather! Keep our fingers crossed!

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in late October?

I've had a couple trips rescheduled because of Hurricanes. Hotels are usually pretty accommodating and the airlines have always rescheduled our flight. Nice thing is, we have been able to pick better flights. ex. Cheap Flight was on Tuesday at 6am. Rescheduled to our choice and day. Came out ahead. Hardest part is working with the office about vacation time. The couple I have been in while on the island weren't that bad. Stuck in the hotel with a big party. They only last a couple days. Home and building are built to withstand them. Concrete with shutters and window bars. The worst part is the infrastructure hits. Electricity, phones, road up in the mountains.

Cayey, Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in late October?

The most active part of the hurricane season ends in late September, it's not impossible that we have one storm on October but its not the rule. But its common that we have days of rain

6. Re: Weather in late October?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2013, 18:16