We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Juan Weather

Which San Juan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brooklyn, New York
2 posts
Save Topic
San Juan Weather

I'm going to San Juan this Wednesday to Sunday and starting to panic about the weather. I'm seeing thunderstorms, rain showers, and most cloudy skies.

Is it worth taking the risk and still going if the weather won't hold up or will it still be sunny enough to go to the beach??

San Juan
Level Contributor
185 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: San Juan Weather

It's raining a lot but it's mostly on and off as is pretty common during this time. During the morning it's usually quite sunny but it gets cloudier towards midday. Right now it was just raining for like 10 minutes and now it's stopped.

I don't know how the weather will be next week. As I mentioned it's on and off during this time.

But looking through my window, I live on the 21st floor of a high rise and can see the beach in the distance, it's not cloudy at all there but it isn't extremely sunny either.

Edited: 27 May 2012, 17:17
Brooklyn, New York
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: San Juan Weather

Thanks for the information! I know that bouts of rain are inevitable, which I'm fine with, it's just the threat of all day showers and cloudy skies that worries me. I'll keep an eye on it!

San Juan
Level Contributor
185 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: San Juan Weather

All day showers are rare. It can get cloudy at times but it also doesn't last much. It shouldn't prevent you from enjoying the beach.

As I type this now it just got very sunny again. You shouldn't worry about it.

1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: San Juan Weather

Hopefully there are no allday showers.... I leave for san juan tomorrow and all the forecasts I see say thunderstorms for next few days. Just my luck

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
8,516 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: San Juan Weather

It rained a bit last night in OSJ, but cleared fast. It is cloudy just now. And hot. It will rain on and off, but you will still be able to enjoy the outdoors.

6. Re: San Juan Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 11:16