We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car rental

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
car rental

Hi Any recommendations on car rentals? We are 4 day sin Luquillo, 4 in Rincon and then back to t he Rio Mar in Fajardo for three days. I guess i will get a car at the airport thanks

Brian

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car rental

I just got back from PR and had a good experience with Enterprise.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: car rental

thank you

brian

St. Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
492 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: car rental

I recommend Enterprise as well. Their rates were excellent.

Armonk, New York
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: car rental

This forum gets a lot of feed back on car rental companies and unfortunately there are many agencies who's service is not great. Charlies (local) and Avis (national) get the best reviews. Hertz and Allied get really bad ones.

When you decide on a company use the search box at the top of this forum and see all the comments on the specific agency before you commit.

Indiana
Level Contributor
1 post
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: car rental

STAY AWAY FROM ALLIED AT ALL COST!!! We just returned from PR and had a TERRIBLE experience at Allied Car Rental. Our car was booked online and we waited around for at least 45 minutes or so before we could get waited on. The staff and car rental place looked VERY unorganized. Alot of employees were standing around while one female and sometimes a male appeared to be working. When we thought it was our turn to be waited on, a gentleman stepped in front of us and told us he was next because he had been waiting an hour! When it was finally our turn, we were told that even though we were emailed a confirmation of our car reservation, we didn't respond via phone so the reservation was cancelled!!! I actually think this was a blessing in disguise, because it seemed to take FOREVER to get a car through there. We went to Charlies down the street. It was better but still took a long time to get a car. Call ahead to make sure you have everything you need before renting a car in PR. We needed the actual car insurance card showing we had insurance! Make sure you allow for plenty of time to return the car also. It took us so long that we missed our flight home!!!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
80 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: car rental

I've rented from Charlies, Alamo, and National and haven't had any issues with them. With any rental car places, take 2 minutes to take a video on your phone of the condition of the car. It has saved a couple of my friends in Mexico who were being scammed.

7. Re: car rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2013, 23:46