We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling at Farjardo, Staying Hilton San Juan

Which San Juan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
jacksonville, fl
Level Contributor
86 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkeling at Farjardo, Staying Hilton San Juan

Im going to san juan in 2 weeks and staying at Caribe Hilton Resort. I def want to go snorkeling but everyone departs from Fajardo. What is the best and cheapest way to get there, we are a party of 6. thanks.

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,044 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkeling at Farjardo, Staying Hilton San Juan

Best would be to have the snorkel tour operator come get you. Most will come pick you up at the hotel for a fee. Adavantages are you get to enjoy the scenery. Plus a long day on the ocean with unlimited drinks can make for a long trip back. But you can always rent a car and drive out there yourself. Most will motor out to the cays off shore a couple miles then sale back. Snorkeling is not the best, but the water is great with some nice beaches. East Island Excursion though, has a power cat that goes all the way to Culebra for better snorkeling and with a possible stop at Flamenco beach.

Puerto Rico
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,922 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkeling at Farjardo, Staying Hilton San Juan

You can also snorkel next to the Hotel. There is a small Reef

jacksonville, fl
Level Contributor
86 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkeling at Farjardo, Staying Hilton San Juan

Thanks so much for the info.

jacksonville, fl
Level Contributor
86 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkeling at Farjardo, Staying Hilton San Juan

Thanks so much.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
34 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Snorkeling at Farjardo, Staying Hilton San Juan

Puerto Rico Forum,

Here is my question- I think it is exorbitant to pay $150 dollars to go from San Juan to Farjardo. Is there a bus or cheaper transportation from Farjardo back to San Juan ? I was surprised that transportation is very very expensive.

Fajardo,PR
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Snorkeling at Farjardo, Staying Hilton San Juan

Check out sailpuertorico.com

We sail out from Fajardo but we would be happy to help you as best as we can to help you get there from San Juan!

If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact the Captain of the boat

Captain Domingo - 787-645-9129

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Snorkeling at Farjardo, Staying Hilton San Juan

Jane,

There is no public transportation like Greyhound type of transportation. There is publicos, cheap, but is not suited for tourist, definitely unreliable, lo bags, and time consuming. If you plan to stay in Fajardo for few days, is best to rent a car.

Few month ago, a traveler posted here an email and telephone number of a person that do transportation to Fajardo way cheaper than that, but again, must weight in the number of passanger and bags. If I can find the post will post here.

Gas prices in the island is higher, and beacuse Puerto Rico follow FDA, minimun wage, and most federal laws applied to what is applicable to the island it does put a price tag higher.

Ok, back to the snorkeling deal, there are two types of transportation to the Icacos trip. The booze cruise and private boats. Private boats are cheaper. Still it was about $25 pp and a minimun of 4 person. or $100 if less than 4.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Snorkeling at Farjardo, Staying Hilton San Juan

Jane, BWT when you say $150, is that roundtrip or one way? The info. may be cheaper, not way cheaper.

try: Julian Transportation (787)385-7604, julianenterprice@aol.com

or Mary & Angel (787)649-9155.

also,

johnspublico@yahoo.com

Last year from ATL airport to about 30 minutes drive to my home was $80 one way, much shorter than Fajardo.

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,044 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Snorkeling at Farjardo, Staying Hilton San Juan

Jane it would be lik taking a cab from Ohare to Gary Indiana. Best bet is to rent a car.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Snorkeling at Farjardo, Staying Hilton San Juan

I agree Bob, depending the number of people, rent the smaller car.