We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour questions

Which San Juan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Connecticut
Level Contributor
113 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Tour questions

What is the best way to book the tours? We won't have a car so is there another way to get to the Forest etc?

Any recent visitors please feel free to let me know which tour you went on and approx. how much they were

Thanks!!

(can't wait, we'll be there Monday!!)

Bedford, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,964 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour questions

Here is TA's list of Tour operators.

tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g147319-Activiti…

Each one is rated.

Louie's VIP Tours is always rated highest for the Rain Forest.

Rio Grande, PR
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,912 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour questions

The concierge in your hotel will be able to hook you up with tours. Just realize that the most cost-effective way to travel the island is to rent a car.

Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,539 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour questions

I agree, renting a car is the best option. It is more cost effective as mentioned above, plus you have the flexibility to stay as long as you wish or go to other places. Compared to other Caribbean Islands, Puerto Rico has great roads and the drive is easy. Also, if you want peace of mind that you won't get lost, GPS works here great. You could rent a car from Charlie Car Rental where you pick it up and return in the same day. They are open 24/7. If you do this there is no need to pay parking at your hotel. Charlie has locations in Isla Verde and Condado, within walking distance off most hotels in the area.

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,795 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tour questions

We met the Raul from Natural Wonders PR tours. His tours are different than the usual bus ride into El Yunque. It seemed like a great trip.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
17 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tour questions

I went in June....and went with Andres from Atabey Tours. tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147320-d2… I loved it. Also did a walking tour of Old San Juan with him. The El Yunque rainforest tour included a stop at a awesome deserted beach...nobody in sight...just Andres and me. His tours are not touristy...they are more eco-tour minded. I will be back there in October and will be doing more with him.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tour questions

I strongly recommend any and all tours be booked with Natural Wonders PR. Raul is the best tour guide I have ever had. You get the regular "tourist" route with "off the beaten path" sights. He truly knows his island and loves his job. We could tell that his goal is to make us laugh and appreciate the beauty of Puerto Rico. He is personable, punctual, and reasonable. I wouldn't book with anyone, before calling Raul FIRST.

NATURAL WONDERS PR made my birthday get away unforgetable.

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,656 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tour questions

Does "Natural Wonders Tours" have a website??

Dayton, Oh
Level Contributor
99 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tour questions

we r going to puerto rico for 1 month in march 2013. planned on renting a car did not realize how expensive that would be for the whole month. we r seniors & unable to walk long distances. any suggestions?

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
8,757 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tour questions

Babbles,

Try getting a quote from popular auto, a branch from banco popular, or for target rental. They do short term leases, like you would if your car is in the shop and you need to rent for an extended time.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tour questions

www.naturalwonderspr.com