We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kid Friendly Nightlife

Florida
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Kid Friendly Nightlife

We're planning a trip for the end of the month, and wanted to know if there is any place we can go at night with our son. We are not into clubs, but we like to go out at night instead of being stuck in the hotel room. Does anyone have any suggestions on where we can go?

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,408 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kid Friendly Nightlife

Old San Juan is always nice. There are movie theaters and most of the larger hotels will have something going in the loby area. Someone playing the piano or a small group of local musicians. Chesk with your hotel. We find that when we get going early and enjoy the day touring, that the evenings have a bunch of tired people.

Mentioned in this post
Old San Juan
Old San Juan
14,094 Reviews
Puerto Rico
Bayamón, Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
627 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Kid Friendly Nightlife

There are no commercial movie theaters in Old San Juan. Some museums and cultural organizations show movies sometimes but those are special events, and again, not a movie theater per se. They show movies unappealling for children anyway.

During the afternoon, the city has forts and a huge lawn where one can fly a kite, , a children's museum that I do not know whether is still open.

Two parks are good to feed pigeons, I can not remember about restrictions on that activity.

At night, depending on the day of the week, you can see the cruise liners depart from the harbor, right in front of sidewalk. Also, a ferry across the bay c an take you back and forth all day long and probably until 9 p. m.

You can also find a couple of street performers.

Questions? Ask!

Juan Carlos Ortega

Puerto Rico

Mentioned in this post
Old San Juan
Old San Juan
14,094 Reviews
Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico
Caribbean
NYC
Destination Expert
for Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,102 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kid Friendly Nightlife

how old is your son?

how late do you mean?

do you mean, you would like to take your son to a bar or some other adult nightlife attraction, not a club?

Florida
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kid Friendly Nightlife

Thank you for the replies. My son is only 4 so no bars. ha ha We wanted to go somewhere out to dinner and walk around and maybe listen to music outdoors until our son falls asleep. Or maybe a restaurant with music. Our son usually falls asleep around 9pm so something to do for a few hours between dinner and before he falls asleep.

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
93 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kid Friendly Nightlife

Here are my suggestions:

*Every last Sunday @5pm - "Heineken Ventana al Jazz", Free Jazz Music at Ventana al Mar, Ashford Ave in Condado

*Every last Sunday @5:30pm-8pm - "Noche de Sevillanas", Free live music and dance show at Cuartel de Ballaja, Old San Juan

*Every last Sat @7pm - Free outdoor movies at the Jaime Benitez Park at the Condado Lagoon

*Mango's Restaurant - has kid friendly environment...they actually have a play section for kids :) Location at 57 Maria Mozco St in Ocean Park; however, the parking entrance is found on McLeary St.

I hope the info helps!

Mentioned in this post
Old San Juan
Old San Juan
14,094 Reviews
Puerto Rico
Condado Lagoon
Condado Lagoon
206 Reviews
Puerto Rico
Ocean Park
Ocean Park
196 Reviews
Puerto Rico
Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,839 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kid Friendly Nightlife

Where are you staying? And what time you eat dinner? I ask because we were in OSJ in February for three nights with our 6yo and can give some recommendations based on your dining times/needs.

Florida
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kid Friendly Nightlife

We're staying at the Caribe Hilton and we normally eat dinner around 7:00-7:30 but of course it depends on what we'll be doing that day it might be later or earlier. Usually that time though.

Mentioned in this post
Caribe Hilton San Juan
Caribe Hilton San Juan
7,221 Reviews
Puerto Rico
Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,839 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kid Friendly Nightlife

We stayed at the El Convento and did a lot of strolling around in OSJ. We had a fun meal at the Parrot Club, the decor is festive. I can't remember what street it was on but there were a bunch of places where you could sit outside and have a drink to people watch. The streets were full in the evening with people walking around.

The El Convento had music and dancers at one of their restaurants while we were staying there.

Mentioned in this post
The Parrot Club
The Parrot Club
983 Reviews
Puerto Rico
9. Re: Kid Friendly Nightlife

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2013, 10:16