We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Must Eat At.........San Juan Restaurants

Putnam Valley, New...
3 posts
Save Topic
Must Eat At.........San Juan Restaurants

My husband and I will be staying at the San Juan Intercontinental in January for three nights, which means we will need to go to a few fantastic places for three dinners! Please send reviews and any MUST EAT AT restaurants while we are there. Thank you!!

Old San Juan Walking Tour
202 reviews
from US$40.00*
Old San Juan Food Tour
269 reviews
from US$92.19*
Old San Juan Segway Tour
70 reviews
from US$103.69*
Casa Bacardi and Old San Juan Tour
61 reviews
from US$84.00*
King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
8,617 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Must Eat At.........San Juan Restaurants

Metropol (PRican/Cuban) in Isla Verde - just a 5 minutes ride from your hotel.

Intercontinental has a bar/restaurant on the beach. A lunch on the sand doesn't sound bad at all.

Pamela's serves dinner on the beach.

Edited: 20 November 2012, 17:03
Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
162 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Must Eat At.........San Juan Restaurants

I would recommend Marmalade in Old San Juan of Al Dente also in OSJ.

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
2,535 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Must Eat At.........San Juan Restaurants

Casa Lola in Condado, was my favorite...absolutely delicious and the place is beautiful.

Take a look at the menu here..

http://www.casalolarestaurant.com/menu.php

St. Charles, MO
Level Contributor
1,839 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Must Eat At.........San Juan Restaurants

I can second Metropol. It not a 5 minute ride. I wouldn't even bother with a car or taxi. It's just a 5-6 minute walk from the Intercontinental. Just east of the Hampton Inn in Isla Verde.

San Juan
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Must Eat At.........San Juan Restaurants

My votes go for Casa Lola and Metropol. In fact, there is a "special" from American Express goin on right now in Casa Lola during Mon, Tues, Weds, & Thurs. when you pay with Amex.

Edited: 21 November 2012, 12:39
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
2,653 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Must Eat At.........San Juan Restaurants

Hello Jaime, There are good to excellent restaurants in the El San Juan, (Koco's and Il Piccolo Fontana) The Ritz and the Intercontinental ( Ruth's Chris) Plato's which is just down the street is very good and La Playita Cafe at the end of the beach is great for lite fare while sitting ocean side.

Apple Valley...
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Must Eat At.........San Juan Restaurants

La Casita Blanca is an outstanding restaurant for authentic PR food. Also, Bebos.

8. Re: Must Eat At.........San Juan Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 02:16