We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel for honeymoon

Which San Juan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel for honeymoon

Hey

My husband and I are flying from the UK to LA in March 2013 and then taking a trip to PR for a few days.

Which area of San Juan/Old San Juan is the best for honeymooners - looking for nice beaches, walks, restaurants and bars?

Can you recommend anywhere please?

Thanks k

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
8,757 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel for honeymoon

I hope you are aware that the direct flight from LA to PR is about 7hrs. That's about the same as a NY to London flight. So I would advise to plan to spend more than a few days in PR to make it worthwhile.

With that said, the three main areas where visitors stay are OSJ, Condado and Isla Verde. Stay in OSJ if you want to be by the forts, restaurants and shopping. If you predominantly want to be at the beach, you can stay in either Condado or Isla Verde. Condado has better restaurants and nightlife, but Isla Verde has the better beaches. The three areas are within 10mins of each other, so you can always take a cab or bus to shuttle between them.

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel for honeymoon

Old San Juan is the most romantic part of the city of San Juan with its cobblestone streets, colonial charm, restaurants, museums, etc. the nearly 4 centuries old boutique hotel El Convento Hotel is one of the best-rated hotels on the island. It is situated right in the heart of the historic quarter. I recommend it highly.

www.elconvento.com

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
11 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel for honeymoon

I would probably recommend the Isla Verde area for a nicer honeymoon. We just got back from the Condado area yesterday and I was very disappointed in it. The beaches are also very rough and you can't really swim there.

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
5 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel for honeymoon

The San Juan Hotel in Isla Verde is beautiful and romantic. It is right on the beach. Also consider the Caribe Hilton and La Concha in Condado. In Old San Juan, the Cervantes Hotel is a beautiful boutique hotel, very private, but in the heart of it all.

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
5 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel for honeymoon

The San Juan Hotel in Isla Verde is beautiful and romantic. It is right on the beach. Also consider the Caribe Hilton and La Concha in Condado. In Old San Juan, the Cervantes Hotel is a beautiful boutique hotel, very private, but in the heart of it all.

Edited: 29 November 2012, 03:34
usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel for honeymoon

Just to clarify LCV_12, it's the "El San Juan Hotel".

7. Re: Hotel for honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 22:15